Customer impressions - The Holster Store

This is a discussion on Customer impressions - The Holster Store within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Recently ordered a Pro Carry Belt Ride for my Ruger LC9. You can view the holster here . I sprung a few bucks extra for ...

Thread: Customer impressions - The Holster Store

Customer impressions - The Holster Store

Recently ordered a Pro Carry Belt Ride for my Ruger LC9. You can view the holster here. I sprung a few bucks extra for the slide guard option.

Just wanted to say that this is the kind of vendor I really like doing business with. Immediate confirmation of my order, and received an email today notifying me that my order is now in production.

Yes, I know that many holster makers are small-shop artisans and for high quality gear sometimes you may have to wait for 6 months, and you won't hear anything, and then one day, there it is. That's one style of vendor and I've dealt with some like that.

But when a company "gets" customer service and takes good care of their clients, they deserve positive mention and kudos for going the extra step and really doing it right. Also, The Holster Store gets my thanks for supporting the LC9.

Generic holsters that fit your gun can work, but custom made products designed specifically for your firearm always seem to work so much better, with superior retention and concealability.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

2. Remove Ads

I bought a cross draw holster from them that I'm pleased with also. The quality is good and the price is really reasonable. Nice folks to do business with.

Arrived today. Here's the front:

And the back, showing the slide guard:

Tried it on, with a 511 CC 1.25 in. belt, and the fit is fantastic! The combination side slot and back of the holster tongue for threading the belt pulls it in close, and the position is high (the way I like it for concealability) with a very small forward cant. Can hardly feel it there. Retention is strong and firm. You can reholster the gun after drawing.

I give this one a strong recommendation.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

i got a iwb for my lcr for them and had it just a few days later and it was only $20, seems to be made well and works just fine, they're on ebay too.

A little communication can go a long way.

Looks like a quality holster...enjoy!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I bought an IWB holster for my CW9 from The Holster Store and I can say it was a great online ordering experience. They processed my order fast and shipped the holster out the next day. I had it in my hand 3 days after ordering it. I would recommend them to anyone and I will order from them again for sure.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Thumbs down Promise Not Kept

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    A little communication can go a long way.
    The Holster store has so far shown me the worst kind of customer service. They sent a wrong sided holster to me, which I promptly sent back to them. But I haven't heard anything from them since, and I also called the numbers listed on the literature that came with the package, no one picked up my calls. I am confused at what to do now.

Senior Moderator
    I've also ordered from them and had a good experience
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    Arrived today. Here's the front:

And the back, showing the slide guard:

Tried it on, with a 511 CC 1.25 in. belt, and the fit is fantastic! The combination side slot and back of the holster tongue for threading the belt pulls it in close, and the position is high (the way I like it for concealability) with a very small forward cant. Can hardly feel it there. Retention is strong and firm. You can reholster the gun after drawing.

I give this one a strong recommendation.
    Well...I would hope so...its OWB; kinda like a copy of the J.I.T. by Don Hume but with a sweat guard??

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I have no complaints whatsoever about the IWB holster I bought from them for my Glock 30. Is it as good as a $100 holster custom job? No, but it's a lot better than the $35 I paid for it. No problems in ordering and shipping.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Bought a IWB for a Sig p229 from them a few years back... love it. And they're local to me in FL so that makes me happy to support the local boys too.

Quote Originally Posted by alzen69 View Post
    The Holster store has so far shown me the worst kind of customer service. They sent a wrong sided holster to me, which I promptly sent back to them. But I haven't heard anything from them since, and I also called the numbers listed on the literature that came with the package, no one picked up my calls. I am confused at what to do now.
    did you try sending them an email? Here is their contact page from their website. They're a small shop in St. Cloud, Florida down the road from me in Orlando. I doubt they have a large front office staff on duty during the day, so I would keep trying until they respond. I've never heard any complaints from anyone that has done business with them, but they can be tough to get hold of during regular business hours. Good luck.

THE HOLSTER STORE | Contacting the Holster Store
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Links