Glock 22 Holster

This is a discussion on Glock 22 Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Like I need another holster. But what are you Glock 22 owners useing? IWB or OWB....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 22 Holster

Glock 22 Holster

Like I need another holster. But what are you Glock 22 owners useing? IWB or OWB.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

2. Remove Ads

OWB Bianchi Carry-Lok.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Iwb cbst
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Blackhawk Serpa for a 19/23. It works for my 27, 19/23 and 22.
    Proud NRA member

Blackhawk

Comp tac ctac iwb

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

SmartCarry works great

consider the remora, one of the best holsters in my collection

CBST at about 5 O'clock, canted forward as much as possible with the clips at max and min depth. This puts the grip as vertical as possible to reduce printing. However, it still prints bad enough to be noticeable by anybody who's looking for it. If someone has a better cc option for this rig, I'd love to hear it (and I don't mean that sarcastically at all).

How you wear the CBST is going to depend on how you are built. I'm a big guy, so I don't really need to have the grip as vertical as possible. I wear mine at the 3 o'clock position with a slight can't (adjusted to have the gun sit low in relation to my waistline).
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Crossbreed Supertuck IWB and a Don Hume OWB. You will need to play with the adjustments to fit your body style. Also a good belt makes a huge difference.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    OWB in a Dale Fricke kydex.

Just too many years of OWB under the belt (or should that have been over the belt)....

I assumed that that OP was wearing a good gun belt (which I shouldn't have done). If you don't have a good gun belt then that could be the basis for your concealment issues. I good gun belt will support the weight of your weapon and pull the weapon and holster setup in closer to your body to aid in concealment. If you don't have a good gun belt then even a great rig like the CBST will no perform the way you expect it to. If you don't have one, get one.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    Like I need another holster. But what are you Glock 22 owners useing? IWB or OWB.
    Both, but 90% of the time it's the TT Gunleather pancake holster:

Pancake holster

The old Alessi CQC pancake holster was IMO the best pancake holster style made, and nowadays TT Gunleather makes the best expression of that style -- even better than the current Alessi version. Yes, I tried both so I can make this comparison, and yes, I have an older Alessi CQC so I know what the archetype is.

IWB is generally one of the better Milt Sparks VM2 clones -- FIST in my case, though again TT Gunleather shines here as well....sometimes IWB with an older Sidearmor but that design is a little over-matched for a large gun.

Personally I think everyone carrying a large gun should try the Kramer canted horsehide belt scabbard at least once -- there's really nothing else quite like it.

Btw, it's agreed that a real gun belt is the first step towards concealing any full sized gun. Cheaping out on the belt is the classic beginner mistake, which of course I fell for too.

I carry a G17, essentially the same thing...

Up until recently I carried in a Crossbreed holsters Supertuck IWB, I bought it as a hold over until I got my Milt Sparks VM2 in. I actually love the Crossbreed holster as it super comfortable and very adjustable. It also conceals very well and distributes the weight of the gun nicely over a wider area than most holsters due - a most for me as I have no ass to hold my pants up!

I recently got the VM2 and don't like it as much. It's a nice holster and is amazingly well made - I just need the wide weight distribution for my body type.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links