Andrews Custom leather delivery times

This is a discussion on Andrews Custom leather delivery times within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently ordered a Andrews Saddle Style thumbbreak holster from Sam for my Sig 229 .40 and a single mag carrier from his young and ...

Thread: Andrews Custom leather delivery times

Question Andrews Custom leather delivery times

I recently ordered a Andrews Saddle Style thumbbreak holster from Sam for my Sig 229 .40 and a single mag carrier from his young and talented son Alex, both in black. My recollection was 4 to 6 weeks delivered. At this time, it's about as week and a half overdue which has me eying every delivery truck and visiting my post office twice a day. My question is: how good is he on generally meeting his delivery schedule? I can't wait to put his holster and my Jim Speidel's Beltman 1 1/2 tapered belt , also in black, into service!

2. Remove Ads

My opinion on matters like this is that it's perfectly appropriate to call in to check the status of your order once the "expected delivery time" has passed. However, before that time, a customer is being a nuisance to check on an order.

So, given that you are past the estimated time of delivery, I'd encourage you to give them a call and politely inquire about the status of your order.

Good luck...hope you get the holster soon.

Sam's a good guy and easy to talk to, just give him a call.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Well, judging from some of the toe-curling horror stories related by other posters, I'm not in such bad shape yet. I talked to Sam when placing the order and he is accessible and polite. I think another week or so won't hurt, so I'll keep haunting the post office for a while longer.

Sam would welcome a call rather than have a customer even mildly disgruntled.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by tegemu
    Sam would welcome a call rather than have a customer even mildly disgruntled.
    I agree completely. Sounds like you had a custom holster made up, as opposed to one he had on the shelf, so a little delay would be expected, but 6 weeks is probably long enough. Call him up, he's easy to talk to, and I love his work.

When I ordered my Hybrid Saddle from Sam he said it would be 9 weeks. I think I received it in 10 weeks. Not to bad for how busy he was when I ordered mine. Sam is a great guy give him a call. I love my Hybrid and I think you will be happy with your Saddle, it's worth the wait.

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    Alot depends on how "custom" or special order work he has to do. For popular pistols, he has several pre-molded holsters in stock.

The MacDaniel II I got for my Kimber Ultra Carry arrived inside of 10 days.
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Sam is usually very close on his time frames. But he can get tied up just like all of us can. Give him a call, he'll be glad to talk to you. And after you get it, give him a call and let him know it arrived and what you think of it.

Andrews Custom Leather Delivery Times

First, let me say that the reason I went with Andrews Custom Leather was as a result of the research I did on this website....this is an awesome site.

Second, I couldn't be more pleased with the product and the service I've received from Sam. The first holster I ordered was a Hybrid Saddle with thumbreak for my Colt Government Model. Simply put, the holster is a work of art. I ordered it on a Monday morning and got it in my grubby paws the Wednesday following. Basically, overnight service for a postage fee of four dollars.

My father was visiting when the holster arrived and I'm quite certain, if he had a .45, I would be missing the holster today. As it was, his birthday was coming up, so I ordered him a Saddle style for his Berreta 92FS--ordered on a Thursday and the following Monday it was waiting for him when he got home from the airport.

So all in all, I think very good service, and an outstanding product...really a work of art. I wouldn't hesitate to place another order with Sam again.

Now, if my holster for my CZ85 would just come in from Brigade Gun Leather....only about 5 weeks to go

I, too, chose Sam for my first custom holster after much research and time spent on this website and others. Sam's Saddle Style had the cleanest looks of any thumbreak holster I had seen. Apparently, even if I think everybody in the world has or should have a Sig P229, lots more of them have Government Models and I would guess Sam has them more or less in stock. Jim Speidel the Beltman sent me a very nice tapered 1 1/2 inch belt that will go with the holster when it gets here. JayHawker45, did you order your holster in tan? I ordered mine in black which probably added some time to the build....

Andrews Custom Leather Delivery Times

LTPhoon- yes, I ordered mine in what Sam called a "russet" color, dark reddish brown. My father's was the same color, or very close.

What was surprising was when I called Sam to place an order for my father's holster, he was busily preparing for a gun show in Lakeland, Florida. So it's obvious to me, he took the time out of his prep for the show to package and mail the holster to my dad -- not something my father nor I expected at all.

So I guess long story short, if one is concerned about shipping times or arrival times, just give Sam a call and ask him about it. He seems to me to be quite amiable and "customer friendly". Even with the long delivery time, I think you will be quite happy with your holster from Andrews Leather. Hopefully, your holster will arrive soon.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Sam is very easy to deal with,and has been in the business long enough that he can pretty well set you up with a holster that works for you. He is very good at knowing time wise about how long it takes to deliver a holster. He's only been off one time on my holsters. He had some family that came for a visit so he had to take off several days, and got a little behind. As much as I wanted my holster, I don't begrudge him from spending time with his family. We all get tied up sometimes for one reason or another.

Links