H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks, New Holsters

This is a discussion on H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks, New Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After reading about the great work that Eric Larsen does and talking to him on the phone, and since his turn around time is so ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks, New Holsters

H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks, New Holsters

After reading about the great work that Eric Larsen does and talking to him on the phone, and since his turn around time is so short, i ordered a couple of holsters from him.......a pancake for my Sig p229 and his Slim Pro iwb model for my g26. They arrived yesterday and needless to say, they're true quality, custom made holsters. The Slim Pro fit the g26 like a glove and is extremely comfortable in the appendix or strongside position. The pancake was tight but after leaving it in wax paper overnight, it's a perfect fit, as well......it holds the p229 very tight to my side and makes it very concealable. I'm very pleased with his work, the price and the turnaround time. I'll definitely do business with him in the future......and he's a true gentleman and a pleasure to do business with!
    Attached Images
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

2. Remove Ads

IMG_0229.jpg

I carry my Glock 23 in a Com III. My wife bought it for me as a gift. It is black cherry with sharkskin. She was a complete Noob and he walked her through the process. Great guy to deal with.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Congrats! Nice looking rigs...I especially like the looks of that pancake, I just may need to check into one for my M&P.

I've also got to make another comment here, after seeing your remark about his level of customer service...I am a business owner myself, and know what it is like striving toward great customer service. The businessmen I have dealt with in regards to concealed carry are all heads above the rest. The rest of the business world could sure take a few lessons from these guys about how to treat your customers. Al at A&G Gunleather, Jimmy at Kholster, and Alan at Remora, and now your mention of Eric at H.B.E.
    I'm IMPRESSED!
    Sorry "TXOutfitter" wasn't trying to hi-jack your thread.
    multistage and larini8491 like this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Congrats! Nice looking rigs...I especially like the looks of that pancake, I just may need to check into one for my M&P.

I've also got to make another comment here, after seeing your remark about his level of customer service...I am a business owner myself, and know what it is like striving toward great customer service. The businessmen I have dealt with in regards to concealed carry are all heads above the rest. The rest of the business world could sure take a few lessons from these guys about how to treat your customers. Al at A&G Gunleather, Jimmy at Kholster, and Alan at Remora, and now your mention of Eric at H.B.E.
    I'm IMPRESSED!
    Sorry "TXOutfitter" wasn't trying to hi-jack your thread.
    No Problem....I totally agree! I run three businesses and completely understand what you're saying......and I believe in giving credit where it's due! I've had the pleasure of dealing with Eric at HBE, the guys at High Noon, Skip & Bob at Ritchie, Tom at Alessi, Tim at TT, and Sam at Andrews Leather......all gentlemen and more than anxious to please.....they are all a credit and a Blessing to their Profession!

Nice looking rig, jwhite75!
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Great holster's! Several years ago Erik built a Com III for my S&W 3913. Still in service to this day and looks like new.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I really think the stitching on the pancake is pretty neat. I have not seen anyone else do it that way. Nice looking rigs.
    NRA Life Member

Very nice design. The sewing is nice also. The leather looks not so good. The holster on the left is blotchy but maybe it was sealed before it had time to dry. I would pay about $35.00 for either.

Quote Originally Posted by i10casual View Post
    Very nice design. The sewing is nice also. The leather looks not so good. The holster on the left is blotchy but maybe it was sealed before it had time to dry. I would pay about $35.00 for either.
    Think maybe that has something to do with lighting and IPhone Camera??

Ok I could see that being the case. The boning and the way it is sewn makes it look great.

Pretty!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

HBE does great work. I can't wait to get kitchen permission so I can get one.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

GM
    Nice holsters you have there! H.B.E holsters are very good; I like them a lot. You say "his turn around time is so short"; how long time did you need to wait for the holsters? Were the holsters in stock when you ordered them or did he have to make them?
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by TXOutfitter View Post
    No Problem....I totally agree! I run three businesses and completely understand what you're saying......and I believe in giving credit where it's due! I've had the pleasure of dealing with Eric at HBE, the guys at High Noon, Skip & Bob at Ritchie, Tom at Alessi, Tim at TT, and Sam at Andrews Leather......all gentlemen and more than anxious to please.....they are all a credit and a Blessing to their Profession!

Nice looking rig, jwhite75!

I like it a lot. Really shows what Eric is capable of. My wife is the greatest she ordered the whole rig by herself as a surprise to me. My gun buddies all drool when they pull out their Fobus and Blackhawks and the like and I show off my shark trimmed handmade rig.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Nice holsters you have there! H.B.E holsters are very good; I like them a lot. You say "his turn around time is so short"; how long time did you need to wait for the holsters? Were the holsters in stock when you ordered them or did he have to make them?
    He made them.....I don't remember the order date because I ordered the Slim Pro first then called a couple of weeks or so later and ordered the pancake......I told him to just wait until it was finished and ship them together to save on shipping!

I wanted to mention the lack of boning detail on the Slim Pro for the g26. Eric told me when I ordered it that there wouldn't be much boning on this holster.......it is a very thin holster with a super thin kangaroo lining. It's designed to be softer and more comfortable and keep the pistol closer to the body......it accomplishes all very well! The clip is very strong and holds the holster in place very well either strong side or appendix.....it also works extremely well without a belt in appendix carry for very deep concealment! The iPhone pics don't show the quality of these Holsters! I'm very pleased with them both......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links