July 5th, 2011 12:05 PM
More confident in paddle OWB holster now, despite printing.
A few months back I bought a plasitc OWB blackhawk holster that is designed specifically for my Glock 19. However, I've only used it a handful of times and that was when it was colder and had a jacket on. My wife has been too concerned that carrying this way "prints" too much. And I'll admit, it does print through a shirt, no question about it.
But, we've had some discussions on here about what people will actually notice. So I decided to put it to the test last night. I was going to be walking a mile through a bad part of town in the middle of the night with two friends and my daughter. We were going to see the fireworks at the ball park and due to the traffic, the easiest way to get there is to park nearly a mile away and walk.
Well, I put the holster and gun on and my wife was pitching a fit saying it was too obvious and somebody was going to call the police on me. So I went to visit my parents (they just live down the road) and I chit-chatted with my dad for a few minutes, then asked him if he noticed anything unusual about me. He said no. Once he started really looking, he eventually noticed something sticking out under my shirt, and assumed it was my gun. So then I asked my mom. She never could see anything unusual about me at all. Eventually my dad pointed right to the print and she didn't see it. So he stretched my shirt tightly, showing the print very exaggerated and all she could say is "what is that?" I asked her if she really didn't know and she said she had no idea.
So I went ahead and wore this holster with my two friends and my daughter, my daughter being the only one who knew about it. It was dark outside, but we also ate inside a brightly lit McDonald's. When we were getting ready to go home, I asked both of my friends if they had noticed anything sticking out from my shirt that evening and both had said no. Afterwords I showed them what it was and they said they'd never have noticed.
So even though that holster does continually show an imprint of the gun, I've determined that 99.9% of the population is not going to notice. The other 0.1% that does notice, probably won't care. So keeping that in mind, I feel a lot more confident to wear that type of holster now even in the Summer without a jacket. It is more comfortable than the IWB holsters I normally would use and I believe easier to draw should the situation arise.
Anyway, I thought I would post this just in case anyone else has been avoiding using a holster like this for fear of printing.
July 5th, 2011 12:33 PM
If you ware black paints and a large print multi color shirt it really helps with printing when carrying a Glock in a Black hawk holster.
NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
nor the arrow for its swiftness,
nor the warrior for his glory.
I love only that which they defend.
July 5th, 2011 12:37 PM
There are so many cell phones and Ipods and insulin pumps etc on peoples belts nowadays that most people are too wrapped up int heir daily life to notice. I have a few paddle holsters and some conceal better than others. I personally most of the time carry a good OWB belt holster or mostly an IWB but if you are confident with it, good for you. My paddle holsters are for quick runs to the store or when I have a cover garment. On duty I usually use a paddle holster because I dont carry my weapon all of the time. Good luck.
Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.
I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.
July 5th, 2011 12:54 PM
I agree that, in general, the public is oblivious to the details of daily life. I have carried OWB many times and still do quite often in a fobus paddle or a Galco fletch. Even with my G30 OWB with a polo shirt over it noone has ever said anything to me or as far as I know, even noticed.
Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.
July 5th, 2011 01:17 PM
i carry owb with a fobus, because it's comfortable to me, i don't have any issues with printing and really don't care if it somebody "thinks" they know i got a gun on my hip, one way to find out and that will make them have a very crappy day.....BTW how do you like your fletch??? been thinking about gettin one
Originally Posted by AZJD1968
Search tags for this page
owb holster cell case
owb holster that does not print
owb holster universal
printing owb holster summer
universal owb holster
universal owb holsters
universal owb pistol holster
universal paddle holster
universal paddle owb holster
Click on a term to search for related topics.
» DefensiveCarry Sponsors