CC options with tucked in dress shirt or polo's

This is a discussion on CC options with tucked in dress shirt or polo's within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; CrossBreed, or similar. My 1911 works very well using a tuckable IWB leather holster from Little Bear Holsters. Make sure you get a real gun ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: CC options with tucked in dress shirt or polo's

CrossBreed, or similar.

My 1911 works very well using a tuckable IWB leather holster from Little Bear Holsters. Make sure you get a real gun belt, too.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    I carry my Kimber Pro CDP 2 in a Galco USA tuckable IWB all the time with a polo on; I have carried it in a dress shirt as well. Heck, I have even had friends who know I carry, see me with the tucked in shirt, and ask why I am not carrying when I had it on. I also carry my XD9sc in a Kholster with a shirt tucked all the time. Same results. I am lefty, so I tend to carry at 8 o'clock and never have had someone "make" me when carrying like that.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Well, I carry IWB with tucked in shirts (polos and LS) every day, for almost three years, without a problem. I am 5'10" and 170lbs (medium built). I carry a Glock 27 in a Comp Tac with C clips (appendix carry) and a Beltman belt. I hope you find something that works for you. Good luck.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I am able to conceal a Sig P220 Carry SAS in a SmartCarry in loose khakis, dress pants, carpenter jeans, and cargo shorts. I used to carry a Bobtailed Commender length 1911 in the SmartCarry. The Bobtail really helped.

If SmartCarry is not for you, look at getting a good gun belt with a Velcro liner. Many holster makers offer V(Velcro)-Clips for this type of belt. The V-clips are almost undetectable as they hide securely behind the belt. Take a look at R Grizzle Leather.

Also, some hoster makers make a low-profile "P" Clip. When worn as appendix carry, the tight-fitting, low-profile P-Clip looks like another loop on the belt if it is detected at all. Again, take a look at R Grizzle Leather.

ok....you guys are good!! wow.

I dont know jack about holster and types so I have my research cut out for me. I will look into these types you guys have mentioned and google them and go to websites to see them... so basically sounds like a holster that GOES way down in deep so to speak. I will research this....awsome.

Im new and still learning and dont plan to start carrying right away. I need so more courses and hands on before i think im ready so...I have some time.

thanks guys.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Snatale42 View Post
    I love my SmartCarry but a 1911! You must have a crotch like Mary Poppins bag!
    wow..thats the best compliment a guy could get!! HA HA.....

Smart carry or belly band at appendix. Nothing to give you away.
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

Get a single stack 9mm or a small .380 and carry with an IWB tuckable holster like the mini-tuck by CrossBreed. OR, use a pocket holster. You can't fit 10 pounds of gun in a 5 pound sack. Compromise on the clothes, belt, gun, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    That is other alternative. However, it is not necessary to buy larger clothes if you choose the right gun and the right type of holster. Not all people want or can wear oversized clothes.
    I do not mean to wear "oversized clothes" but rather clothing that is loose enough to fit the weapon you want to carry. For example, to carry a S&W M&P, if you would normally wear a size 32" waist without a weapon, a 33" waist may well facilitate the weapon with holster (34" for a thicker weapon). If you wear clothing that is painted on you do not stand a chance of carrying and not printing. I wear dockers slacks & oxford shirts. As a result of wearing slacks that are an inch larger in the waist than what I would wear without a weapon I can readily conceal (tucked) an M&P or a 1911 or (if I wear a baggy shirt and a looser pair of slacks) a Sig P229. Needless to say, fitted shirts work against your ability to conceal.

I know that this is jeans & a 3 button polo. I am carrying a K-Frame in a DM Bullard Dual-Carry. You CAN tuck dang near anything if you dedicate yourself to the carry.

Click the images for a larger view.
    357 Tucked.jpg 357 Tucked Reveal.jpg 357 Bullard 1.jpg Dual SS.jpg Dual SS Back.jpg
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

OP- Are you concerned about printing, or are you also concerned about a "bump frisk?" You can conceal a handgun around your waist, but if you need to be discreet, there will always be the potential for getting discovered by an accidental bump (or hug).

I am in dress attire daily, and used a Smartcarry with both a G19 and a G26 (not at the same time!) for over 3 years. However, I do a lot of driving, so it started to cause me pain while sitting. I downsized to pocket guns - I carry a Kahr PM9 in my right pocket, and a Ruger LCP in my left as a secondary. It's more comfortable, and very very...covert. The best thing is that I can have my hand in my pocket already gripping my sidearm in an "iffy" situation without alarming anyone or escalating anything.

Good luck - lots of things to consider, so take your time.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    OP- Are you concerned about printing, or are you also concerned about a "bump frisk?" You can conceal a handgun around your waist, but if you need to be discreet, there will always be the potential for getting discovered by an accidental bump (or hug).

I am in dress attire daily, and used a Smartcarry with both a G19 and a G26 (not at the same time!) for over 3 years. However, I do a lot of driving, so it started to cause me pain while sitting. I downsized to pocket guns - I carry a Kahr PM9 in my right pocket, and a Ruger LCP in my left as a secondary. It's more comfortable, and very very...covert. The best thing is that I can have my hand in my pocket already gripping my sidearm in an "iffy" situation without alarming anyone or escalating anything.

Good luck - lots of things to consider, so take your time.
    Try the hand on your weapon while using a smartcarry & you get a LOT of funny looks...
    10thmtn likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I have been looking at these... Inside The Waistband
    Check out the 'tuckables' at the bottom of the page.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

SHTF gear ace-1. Check it out.

LIVE FREE OR DIE TRYING

357and40

I was going to ask if you need to go up a size or so in the waist to help. I dont like baggy but I see what your saying.

thanks this has given me so great leads and will help with picking an every day carry. Im looking for a 9mm for sure as far as caliber goes but thinner may be better.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelGnnr View Post
    357and40

I was going to ask if you need to go up a size or so in the waist to help. I dont like baggy but I see what your saying.

thanks this has given me so great leads and will help with picking an every day carry. Im looking for a 9mm for sure as far as caliber goes but thinner may be better.

Todd
    Check out the Kahr PM9 or CM9... one of the thinnest 9MMs out there.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links