CC options with tucked in dress shirt or polo's

This is a discussion on CC options with tucked in dress shirt or polo's within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ccwguy I am able to conceal a Sig P220 Carry SAS in a SmartCarry in loose khakis, dress pants, carpenter jeans, and ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: CC options with tucked in dress shirt or polo's

Quote Originally Posted by ccwguy View Post
    I am able to conceal a Sig P220 Carry SAS in a SmartCarry in loose khakis, dress pants, carpenter jeans, and cargo shorts. I used to carry a Bobtailed Commender length 1911 in the SmartCarry. The Bobtail really helped.

If SmartCarry is not for you, look at getting a good gun belt with a Velcro liner. Many holster makers offer V(Velcro)-Clips for this type of belt. The V-clips are almost undetectable as they hide securely behind the belt. Take a look at R Grizzle Leather.

Also, some hoster makers make a low-profile "P" Clip. When worn as appendix carry, the tight-fitting, low-profile P-Clip looks like another loop on the belt if it is detected at all. Again, take a look at R Grizzle Leather.
    so appendix carry is just what it implies? carrying in your Front or 12 oclock..or by your APPENDIX? its not uncomfortable when sitting?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    OP- Are you concerned about printing, or are you also concerned about a "bump frisk?" You can conceal a handgun around your waist, but if you need to be discreet, there will always be the potential for getting discovered by an accidental bump (or hug).

I am in dress attire daily, and used a Smartcarry with both a G19 and a G26 (not at the same time!) for over 3 years. However, I do a lot of driving, so it started to cause me pain while sitting. I downsized to pocket guns - I carry a Kahr PM9 in my right pocket, and a Ruger LCP in my left as a secondary. It's more comfortable, and very very...covert. The best thing is that I can have my hand in my pocket already gripping my sidearm in an "iffy" situation without alarming anyone or escalating anything.

Good luck - lots of things to consider, so take your time.
    MY concern is printing...dont hug much...but thats a good thing to keep in mind!!

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Smartcarry or Crossbreed, I wear polos and Dockers with the Smartcarry all the time with a 1911 and extra mag. Nobody notices. Also very comfortable.
    +1

Most of the time I wear a CBST that I've trimmed down. I carry at the 1-2 position with a velcro backed belt and CB "velcro" cilps.

This method works great for almost any type of clothing that utilizes a belt. A shirt easily tucks, there is NO bulge on your hip, it's extremely comfortable and the "velco" clips COMPLETELY hide the evidence of CC.

I used to wear a "Smartcarry" almost exclusively. But, I like the increased accessibility that the CBST gives me. However, for "gym shorts"; "exercise wear" or "lounge pants", the "Smartcarry" is almost impossible to beat!

-

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    I received my CrossBreed QwikClip a couple of weeks ago & it handles a Polo tuck nicely with a canted Kel-tec PF-9 at 4:30. You have to work the shirt a bit to make it look natural, but it conceals well.

I expect that their SuperTuck Deluxe IWB holster would work well for the large to full-size pistols.

Good luck!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    I expect that their SuperTuck Deluxe IWB holster would work well for the large to full-size pistols.
    Good video.

YouTube - ‪Concealed Carry Golf Shirt with Crossbreed Holster‬‏

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    +1

Most of the time I wear a CBST that I've trimmed down. I carry at the 1-2 position with a velcro backed belt and CB "velcro" cilps.

This method works great for almost any type of clothing that utilizes a belt. A shirt easily tucks, there is NO bulge on your hip,[emphasis added] it's extremely comfortable and the "velco" clips COMPLETELY hide the evidence of CC.

I used to wear a "Smartcarry" almost exclusively. But, I like the increased accessibility that the CBST gives me. However, for "gym shorts"; "exercise wear" or "lounge pants", the "Smartcarry" is almost impossible to beat!

-
    Just goes to show that everyone is different - I tried both the Supertuck (which I returned) and the Quik-clip (which I still have in my holster box of failed experiments ) and both made me look like I had a tumor.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Just goes to show that everyone is different - I tried both the Supertuck (which I returned) and the Quik-clip (which I still have in my holster box of failed experiments ) and both made me look like I had a tumor.
    The ST and all other IWBs I've tried made me look like I had a tumor when I wore them in dress clothes. But, ever since I changed to AIWB position with my CBST Deluxe I don't have any printing issues.

Incidently;
    What gun(s) does your quickclip fit?

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    The ST and all other IWBs I've tried made me look like I had a tumor when I wore them in dress clothes. But, ever since I changed to AIWB position with my CBST Deluxe I don't have any printing issues.

Incidently;
    What gun(s) does your quickclip fit?
    I got it for my G26 with CT Laserguard. Of course, a thinner gun would help somewhat, but it would still print.

AIWB does not work for me - I'd have to lose more than a few pounds.
    Last edited by 10thmtn; July 6th, 2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: more detail
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelGnnr View Post
    357and40

I was going to ask if you need to go up a size or so in the waist to help. I dont like baggy but I see what your saying.

thanks this has given me so great leads and will help with picking an every day carry. Im looking for a 9mm for sure as far as caliber goes but thinner may be better.

Todd
    No problem at all. I suggest bringing your carry rig with you when clothes shopping & trying it on to make sure that you have the right size so you are looking right while still giving the weapon and holster room to breathe. You don't need to go baggy to support a firearm, just slightly larger than what you would have without.

Think about it this way. I use the same slacks if I am only pocket carrying & I just pop the gun belt a notch tighter to make it fit & they do not look baggy at all.

The belt is an incredibly important part of the equation. It really does help more then I ever thought it would.

Beltman Belts are outstanding (my opinion) they arrive pretty timely, they will hold up for a looong time, and they are not going to cost you arm/leg/first born...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I worked the floor of a restaurant with a polo tucked into jeans with a full size 1911 in a Comptac C-TAC.

I also had a Crossbreed product. It was absolutely horrid.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelGnnr View Post
    so appendix carry is just what it implies? carrying in your Front or 12 oclock..or by your APPENDIX? its not uncomfortable when sitting?
    Yes. Usually somewhere in the 1 to 2 o'clock position. Comfort is going to depend on a few variables -- person's build, size of gun, design and size of holster. It's not for everybody, and you may not like it. I didn't carry a large gun in the appendix position, but it was fine for me with a Ruger 2-1/4" SP101 or a Ruger LCP. The SP101 was carried in an R Grizzle Leather Southern Sidekick, and the LCP was carried in a Desantis.

Ken Null's SMZ shoulder holster - unless your dress shirt is a see-through white model. I use one with a Walther PPK/s.

I think its a multi point answer thats needed.
    If your on a job site you will be bending, squatting, walking and sitting, so you better make sure whatever you do will stay
    hidden enough during all those activities.

I say IWB tuckable calls for a thin gun like a Kahr or Walther PPS, and a thin holster. Appendix carry is great for some, I am
    short wasted and cannot pull it off. I would say a P229 is a pipe dream, but there are those that would disagree. If I am
    spotted packing in CA, I loose my license to carry, so discretion for me is king. I think you need to buy a new gun, you can
    thank me later.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    You've described how I carry 90%+ of the time. I have a Comp-Tac MTAC that I wear tucked at about 4-o' clock. I can conceal a full-sized SIG P220 or P226 pretty easily that way.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I have been looking at these... Inside The Waistband
    Check out the 'tuckables' at the bottom of the page.

The thing I really like about the High Noon clips is they loop around the belt and back up behind the belt. If you use as wide a belt as possible the clip doesn't stick down under the bottom of the belt as much as the clips that some other holsters use. These other clips always have a tab that sticks down, I guess to make it easier to unclip the holster. I don't have a problem with the High Noon clip. Just push finger in behind the belt next to the clip slide it forward so it's behind the clip and pull the clip out and over the belt. I'll take the little extra effort on unclipping to reduce the clip visability.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links