CC options with tucked in dress shirt or polo's

This is a discussion on CC options with tucked in dress shirt or polo's within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looked over this and the general category with no clear answers or options. And the answer may be it just cant be done but I'd ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: CC options with tucked in dress shirt or polo's

Looked over this and the general category with no clear answers or options. And the answer may be it just cant be done but I'd like to carry with a IWB type holster but I wear mostly polo's and tucked in dress shirts for work but prefer to avoid ankle or pocket carry. Im thinking the answer is no way dude...too big to do that. but I prefer a larger gun so either I may have to change wardrobe ( probably not).

If those are the only two options what are others using for their firearm. I prefer a fuller sized firearm like the sig p 229. But again...thinking about this, its the way Im dressed 90% of the time so........I may need to take that into aaccount unfortunately with an everyday carry gun.

Sport coat out of question as working on construction they all give me a rash of $hit when where a suit....LOL

Thank you all as this is new for me......

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    you are wanting an IWB Tuckable. not hard to find and rather inexpensive(under $70) to pricey-but-worth-it leather hybrids from $130ish.

thinner guns tend to work better . but much depends on your body size and shape.
    recommend try b4 you buy as even free returnees get old fast.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Crossbreed Supertuck.... or pleated front trousers with a smartcarry.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

GM
    IMO it is possible to wear a tucked shirt/polo and conceal a firearm, but it depends of your body shape/size and the firearm you carry.

I do not dress around the gun at all, and most of the time I wear tucked shirt and sometimes tucked polo. Concealing a 1911 (Government/Commander with slim grips) in a tuckable IWB holster works very well for me, and when the attire does not allow me to do it I carry a Karh MK9. However, I cannot conceal a SIG P220 Compact in the same way because it is too thick. My holsters are very thin custom leather holsters that that do not have the clip arm on the firearm - which makes the holster thicker - otherwise when I wear a tucked shirt/polo my pants look bad.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    IMO it is possible to wear a tucked shirt/polo and conceal a firearm...
    I do it every weekday from 8-5.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I carry a Springfield GI.45 Micro Compact under a tucked polo quite often. Usually in the small of the back, in a RGrizzle IWB tuckable. It works, you just have to work it.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I carry in business casual daily:

Smith & Wesson M&P 40c AND S&W 360 357magnum j-frame
    Milt Sparks VM2 with tuckable kydex clips for the Semi auto
    desantis ankle rig for the j-frame

I used to carry in a Minotaur M-TAC but the VM2 is so much nicer. The M-TAC or a CB Supertuck are great options for under $100.

Learn to dress around your weapon, buy slightly larger clothing & realize the sheep just do not look for weapons.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    I carry in business casual daily:

Smith & Wesson M&P 40c AND S&W 360 357magnum j-frame
    Milt Sparks VM2 with tuckable kydex clips for the Semi auto
    desantis ankle rig for the j-frame

I used to carry in a Minotaur M-TAC but the VM2 is so much nicer. The M-TAC or a CB Supertuck are great options for under $100.

Learn to dress around your weapon, buy slightly larger clothing & realize the sheep just do not look for weapons.

That is other alternative. However, it is not necessary to buy larger clothes if you choose the right gun and the right type of holster. Not all people want or can wear oversized clothes.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I own the crossbreed super tuck iwb and the khoslter iwb. Both are tuckable, but I prefer the Khoslster. It's cheaper and ships MUCH quicker than the crossbreed. Crossbreed also doesn't sell clips big enough for my 1"3/4 wilderness tactical belt. I actually have to use ones from kholster, which I find funny, and ironic.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."
    Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

I wear a pair of gym shorts underneath my dress pants with a draw string -- obviously a size larger pants. I wear a blackhawk soft holster down in my jock attached to those shorts.......i carry a Security Six revolver and it works fine and conceals well. However I do not recommend this with a semi auto, one in the chamber due to the softness of the holster.. im also 6'6" 230# so that may help on the concealment end. My belt helps hold it secure against my waist line. I do sit a lot at work behind a desk. If you are active this may not hold up very well with out sliding...

Hmm.. I can conceal a gun in dress clothes, but it is quite uncomfortable for me to do so. On the rare occasions I have to wear dress clothes, I always use my ankle holster. If that were not an option (as you mentioned, you didn't want to ankle carry) then I would try something else such as a briefcase, etc.

You can try a belly band, rather inexpensive(like $30 I think) I have done it and it concealed my G19 quite well.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

I carry a G26 in a SmartCarry most of the time, you can't beat the concealment. When I carry IWB it's in a Kholster. But thats usually when I'm not working or in the cooler months. I stopped trying to conceal large guns. I don't care what anybody says, there no good way to do it, at least not comfortably for me. I don't buy into that "comforting, not comfortable" crap, and I will not dress AROUND my gun. When I do carry my M&P40fs I OC.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Smartcarry or Crossbreed, I wear polos and Dockers with the Smartcarry all the time with a 1911 and extra mag. Nobody notices. Also very comfortable.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Smartcarry or Crossbreed, I wear polos and Dockers with the Smartcarry all the time with a 1911 and extra mag. Nobody notices. Also very comfortable.
    I love my SmartCarry but a 1911! You must have a crotch like Mary Poppins bag!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links