Yes, I routinely pocket carry the G26...

This is a discussion on Yes, I routinely pocket carry the G26... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've read many times where some people have trouble pocket carrying even an LCP but I routinely pocket carry a G26 and I honestly don't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Yes, I routinely pocket carry the G26...

Yes, I routinely pocket carry the G26...

I've read many times where some people have trouble pocket carrying even an LCP but I routinely pocket carry a G26 and I honestly don't have discomfort or printing issues as long as I choose my pants/shorts and belt carefully. When I shop for pants/shorts, I have my G26 with me and slip it into the pocket and test the comfort, how it rides, accessibility and whether it prints or not. I find the Desantis Nemesis is my favorite holster with a Galco horsehide a close second.

I know some will say they could never pocket a G26 but I've tried IWB and it's not for me. I've heard all the advice of "get the right belt" and "buy your pants/shorts one size larger" and "the right holster makes all the difference". I know all these to be true. Of course, there are times when certain slacks won't work with the G26. Those times I go to a PM9, an LCP, or a soon to be acquired SW442.

Any other die hard pocket carriers out there?
    mr.stuart and Rock and Glock like this.
    "We Dare Defend Our Rights", Alabama State Motto...

2. Remove Ads

I have a few IWB holsters, but whenever I carry it is usually a j frame in the pocket. When I find a good deal on a G26, I am going to drink the Koolaide and go for it.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

You must have big pockets:)

Hey, anything is possible. It just depends on the person

I'm not a die-hard pocket carry person, but there are times when it's a useful tactic. For those times, I've got a 442

Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I have the G26 also. As Zacii alluded to, there is no one size fits all for everyone. Finding the best carry option is a lot of failed experiments IMO. The CompTac MTac works best for me with the G26, pocket carry was great with my Sig P238.

GM
    If your pockets are big enough and your pants/shorts are oversized enough you could pocket carry a G-17 if you wanted, and it will not even print. I could not do it.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I am a die-hard pocket carrier. Living in Florida, the dress code is shorts and a tee shirt. My EDC is either a Kel-Tec P3AT in a DeSantis Nemisis or a S&W 342 in a Galco pocket pro. I have a G-26 and a new Ruger KLCR .357 mag. that I would love to put in the rotation but compared to my EDC's they are like having a brick in my pocket. The best I have come up with is a Smart Carry, but with it, the gun is just not as accessible as the pocket carry. What to do, what to do?

Hello
    I am a novice so take this for whatever it is worth- long on words and probably short on wisdom and devoid of anything past a few weeks experience!

I use a G26 and prefer pocket carry

I have tried a couple IWB holster, I just do not get the feel. I also see a lot of people using them at the range I use and my 2 cents- people carrying IWB beyond 3 oclock print a lot more than they think they do, maybe they just cannot see it that well?

Anyway I like pocket for a number of reasons:
    -One handed is easy
    -Can have gun nearly in hand and still be unobtrusive
    -It seems after reading this forum, I've come to regard the young person in untucked polo, or hawaiian shirt (no to mention any sort of 'pack') as likely carrying. In fact I assume they are even if I cannot see it. Not sure that means much though. None of that really works in my usual attire. I know there are IWB holsters that can be tucked in, I've seen quite a few at the range, see my comment above though about the printing.

What I dislike is the size of the 26. I don't really understand the idea that one needs big pockets though, I am average size and it fits in all my pants/shorts pockets but it looks large in them. But the 26 is my choice, my compromize and its up to me to work around it.

I liked the Nemesis for excellent retention in the pocket but it actually makes the footprint even bigger. I have used an AHolster which is a smaller footprint and I found if you add a little rolled up "rubber-stuff-you-use-in-the-silverware-drawer-to-keep-the-tray-from-sliding-around" to the outside of the holster, at the bottom, it enhances retention while throwing off the print a litte (it looks like a wallet behind a pack of lifesavers, rather than a brick so to speak). Affix the rubber to the holster and thus no threat of getting anywhere near the weapon.

I also dislike pocket for anything remotely casual and/or sitting. I envision I will be trying to "transport" with pocket, and sit with the 26 in ankle. There was a thread on this or another forum awhile ago about a person pocket carrying at a friends house and while sitting around talking ont he couch the gun slipped out- luckily the writer discovered this before the 3 year old that was running around the party became a victim. All rationalizations aside, I think few people need the gun at hand while sitting around surrounded by firends during the actual quilting bee (coming to and from is a different issue).

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    My wife extended the pockets (made them deeper) on several of my pants.My G26 fits great.Like any other method,there are pro's and con's.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Hi Mr Stuart
    What do you carry it in = holster? Or some sort of trigger guard?
    Thanks

Carry my Gen 4 G26 with CT laserguard everyday in an Unckle Mikes (size 4).The laserguard and the holster make it look more squared.You couldn't guess it was a gun.OK maybe alot of people here would.Anyway I'm 5'8',169 lbs and it doesn't seem TOO heavy for me there.For me pocket carry in summer is the best method of concealment and it's comfortable.If I have to wear dress slacks,I take my LC9.

I pocket carry a G33 which is the same size as a G26.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    Hi Mr Stuart
    What do you carry it in = holster? Or some sort of trigger guard?
    Thanks
    I use a leather pocket holster,Don Hume, I bought online.It was about $30.Several companies make them.Mine covers the trigger well.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

I trust that your G-26 rides in a holster for pocket carry?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I guess with big enough pockets you can pocket carry an AR-15 too
    mr.stuart likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links