Pictures! Homebrew Kydex first attempt; .38 Bodyguard OWB LH

This is a discussion on Pictures! Homebrew Kydex first attempt; .38 Bodyguard OWB LH within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Haystacker I think it looks great. My son in law bought me a 4x36 belt sander from Harbor freight. It works great. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pictures! Homebrew Kydex first attempt; .38 Bodyguard OWB LH

  1. #16
    Member Array Snider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Haystacker View Post
    I think it looks great. My son in law bought me a 4x36 belt sander from Harbor freight. It works great. I see 20% discount coupons in all of the gun mags for HF.
    Best wishes.
    Jeff
    Thanks for the kind words!

    I keep eyeing that sander when I go through HF for other things. Got my arbor press there, saved 50% over any other place. I still have a 20% off coupon tucked in my wallet for a rainy day, hehe.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    Senior Member Array GreyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    central florida
    Posts
    906
    Looks good to me. Especially since I'm a lefty too!
    Snider likes this.
    Question Everything!

  4. #18
    Member Array eggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    145
    that looks great! how do the kydex belt loops feel against your pants do they feel stiff do you plan on shaping them at all?
    I carry a gun to protect myself & the people I love from the Monsters that roam this earth.

  5. #19
    VIP Member Array dukalmighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15,176
    I bought an all kydex holster for my 1911 once,ended up riveting extra kydex on it for a body shield,and it was uncomfortable enough that I bought some sheepskin and glued on the body side,I haven't used that holster in years,but it's hiding around here somewhere
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

  6. #20
    VIP Member Array Secret Spuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,611
    I myself am a bit of a holster officianado, and snob..

    Dude!... That is a really really nice holster. You really need to patent that pattern. I'm serious man. Thats a great holster. I'd love to get one each for several revolvers I own. Contact me when your ready to sell them. I am very serious... thats a great holster.

    Spuk!

  7. #21
    Member Array Snider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by eggs View Post
    that looks great! how do the kydex belt loops feel against your pants do they feel stiff do you plan on shaping them at all?
    I've worn it out a few days now, and so far I hardly remember I have it on! I am becoming a fan of the OWB feeling, with the tshirt over it. Those loops don't seem to press in enough to be noteworthy, the curve of the holster fits my side almost perfectly so the gun + loops press evenly.

  8. #22
    Member Array Snider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    I myself am a bit of a holster officianado, and snob..

    Dude!... That is a really really nice holster. You really need to patent that pattern. I'm serious man. Thats a great holster. I'd love to get one each for several revolvers I own. Contact me when your ready to sell them. I am very serious... thats a great holster.

    Spuk!
    Thank you, that's some glowing praise

    If you want to PM me a few revolver models you have an interest in, I'll see if I have any of them personally or if any of my close friends/family do. We could work something out I'm sure!

  9. #23
    Member Array Snider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I bought an all kydex holster for my 1911 once,ended up riveting extra kydex on it for a body shield,and it was uncomfortable enough that I bought some sheepskin and glued on the body side,I haven't used that holster in years,but it's hiding around here somewhere
    I have a "Lone Wolf-T" from Woolfe Gun Leather, as my 1911 IWB carry holster, and given it's flexibility and softness I can't really imagine any Kydex options being comfortable in comparison. I don't expect I'll be attempting any IWB Kydex holsters at this point, just tinkering with OWB paddle/clip/beltloop options.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

bodyguard 38 holster

,
bodyguard 38 kydex holster
,
bodyguard 380 kydex
,
bodyguard 380 kydex holster
,
bodyguard 380 kydex owb holster
,

diy kydex paddle holster

,

diy owb kydex holster

,
ectric skillet for kydex
,

kydex belt loop jig

,
kydex bodyguard 380
,
kydex bodyguard holster
,
kydex jig
Click on a term to search for related topics.