High Noon Public Secret. Straps or Clip?

This is a discussion on High Noon Public Secret. Straps or Clip? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking to get a Public Secret for my M&P9c. I currently have a Fist #1. Its a nice holster but I have a ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Old School
  • 1 Post By TXOutfitter

Thread: High Noon Public Secret. Straps or Clip?

I am looking to get a Public Secret for my M&P9c. I currently have a Fist #1. Its a nice holster but I have a few issues with it. I did not order it with a sweat guard. The slide starts to irritate my waist after a while. Also, my shirts are developing holes by where the clip is located.

Would you go with the Straps on the public secret or the clip? Will the clip give me the same problem as the fist holster was?

Can anyone recommend any other holsters for appendix carry that may be a better fit?

Any input is appreciated. Just trying to get some opinions before pulling out a card and buying.

The Fist #1 is not a tuckable, so I'm wondering how it's wearing a hole in a shirt.
    I have about eight Fist #1A's, if that IWB clip is wearing a hole in your shirts, your shirts are possibly too tight? I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

You could be right. My shirts may be too tight. But it is cheaper for me to buy a new holster than a closet of new shirts.

Cool

I have two Public Secrets both with the clip and they work fine for me but it's your choice for what's right for you.

I also use the Side Guard Quick Clip holster. Good quality at a very resonable price no sight track like the Public Secret but about half the price.

photo.jpg Public Secret w/G-23

photo.jpg Side Guard w/SP-101

click image to enlarge.......
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Not trying to hijack your thread, but I was wondering if the Public Secret could be worn other than appendix? 4 o'clock?
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

DaRedneck,

The Public Secret is a straight drop holster and anything past three o'clock may be a bit uncomfortable to draw from depending on the mobility of the one wearing it.

The High Noon Down Under is the same basic holster but with a forward cant which would make it better for a four o'clock draw posistion.

OS
    DaRedneck likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I have clips on all my Public Secrets......they are all worn appendix and conceal very well. I also have an Alessi Talon Plus that works well appendix or strong side(Ritchie Leather's Nighthawk is similar and getting good reviews) .......Eric Larson of H.B.E. Specialty Leatherworks made me a Slim Pro for my G26 that is Awesome for Appendix carry! Good Luck!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Looks like you may carry the gun a bit further on your side than me. I stick to about 1 o clock, but it should still work fine.

I've got the Public Secret with a clip. I kinda wish I would have got the straps, though.

The clip allows the holster to move, a lot, with the body when carried appendix. I think that if I would've got the straps, then the holster could straddle a belt loop, which might help it stay in place.

Of course, this is just me and every body is different. My next appendix holster, I will try out the straps instead
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I've got the Public Secret with a clip. I kinda wish I would have got the straps, though.

The clip allows the holster to move, a lot, with the body when carried appendix. I think that if I would've got the straps, then the holster could straddle a belt loop, which might help it stay in place.

Of course, this is just me and every body is different. My next appendix holster, I will try out the straps instead
    For my build(5'8", 165#), straps are much harder to conceal in appendix position and I like a little flexibility when carrying AIWB... makes for easier slight comfort adjustments getting in and out of truck, as well as, sitting in general!
    bps3040 likes this.
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

I have an Alter Ego, which is basically the tuckable Public Secret for my G-36, and it has a clip, which I prefer, for a couple of reasons. The first is that it offers an easy on and off. I don't like disarming, but sometimes it is needed. And I like to be able to do it without having to take my belt off, or leave an empty holster in my waistband (yes, it had a reinforced mouth, but still). So I view that as a bonus, the lip on the bottom of the clip means the clip isn't going to come off if you want it to, but if you want it to you can.

Second, is that I usually wear black belts, with dark jeans, and that combo makes the clip blend in very well, so that someone would need to be really looking to see it.

Of course, with High Noon's customer service and return policy, get the one you think you will like best, try it for a couple of weeks, and if you don't like it, send it back, and get the other one. You can always either contact High Noon's CS through PM, e-mail, or phone, and they are great to work with, it is hard to go wrong with one of their holsters.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I have the alter ego with the clip also for my Rohrbaugh R9 9mm and it looks and works great. I got this one made in horsehide and I am glad that I did and spent the extra money on it.
    I am going ahead and buy another High Noon in horsehide for my Kimber Ulter CDP this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    DaRedneck,

The Public Secret is a straight drop holster and anything past three o'clock may be a bit uncomfortable to draw from depending on the mobility of the one wearing it.

The High Noon Down Under is the same basic holster but with a forward cant which would make it better for a four o'clock draw posistion.

OS
    Thanks Old School. Just placed my order for a Down Under not even 5 minutes ago.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Links