CCW and Draw Speed - Page 2

CCW and Draw Speed

This is a discussion on CCW and Draw Speed within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I only know about the Kramer Confident because I bought one of the first ones out. It was worse than terrible. It rode up on ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCW and Draw Speed

Administrator

Talking No Argument

I only know about the Kramer Confident because I bought one of the first ones out.

It was worse than terrible.

It rode up on the other side and sagged on the gun side...it was impossible to get to the firearm in any reasonable amount of time. It was extremely bothersome & uncomfortable.
    I tossed mine out...no...I stand corrected...it sat in the closet for a month & then I tossed it out.

Are there better holster shirts out there these days? I'm sure there are. I sure hope so! I've seen a couple that looked pretty good. And that Kangaroo rig looks decent also.

I will defend to the death my right to say that the Kramer Confident Shirt stinks.
    Probably literally also since they smell like BO in summer if you don't wash them real often.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Okshooter I'll jump on the box against the Kramer Confidant right with you, and have told Greg on multiple occasions. Heck his unrelenting determination to keep his product crappy was the reason I started making my own holsters.

As for whats out there now? I currently stopped making my own and buy the UC Comfort t-shirt. So far there the best I have worn. He actually listened when we talked and made improvements (ie added the trama plate pouch). In fact I have two more on order as we speak. The ones I bought in 2002 have been worn daily and are starting to wear out as any t-shirt will do.

I can wear mine two days before I have to wash them, and they dry overnight by handwashing and hanging them in a hotel shower stall. I also use Fabreze alot, LOL.

Take care and check six.

Steve
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Lead Moderator
    While concealed will usually be slower, it does give us the element of suprise. I don't see how a OWB shoudl be faster than IWB. Never timed my self on the draw , but the gun comes up and out fast enough for me.
    add to the don't buy list of t shirt holsters the 5.11 design. I still need to try the UC though.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig
    As for whats out there now? I currently stopped making my own and buy the UC Comfort t-shirt. So far there the best I have worn. He actually listened when we talked and made improvements (ie added the trama plate pouch). In fact I have two more on order as we speak. The ones I bought in 2002 have been worn daily and are starting to wear out as any t-shirt will do.

Steve
    Steve, have you had an opportunity to check out A Better Holster's products. I have never used either, but I would really like to have the opinion of someone who has worn the UC Comfort product extensively.

Right now I am getting along fine with my current concealment method, but I foresee problems when the weather get cold and you wear a jacket outside and take it off inside. My guayaberras and camp shirts do not lend themselves to jacket wear and academic buildings are notorious for the lack of environmental control. The weather will be 40 degrees outside one day and 60 degrees inside. The next day it is 40 outside and 80 inside. There is no way of knowing so an alternative method is something I am looking into. The price of the A Better Holster product is very inviting, but if it does not do the job the price is too high.

Keep up the good work.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Doc...I can vouch for the quality of the UC Comfort. Since I first met the owner and tested his product (the 3XH) I have stopped making my own. The 3XH has a varity of slots and comes ready for either left or right hand carry. As I sit, I have safetly and very concealed under a long sleve dress shirt a pistol (hi-cap DA/SA), two magazines, an expandable baton, a Spyderco blade and pair of cuffs and I still have one slot left open. 3XH (UC Comfort) also has a pouch in the front that I recommended he add (and he did) for a soft trama plate. My reason is, a shot to the heart is pretty much un-treatable in the field but other chest cavity areas are survivable.

I have taken a look at A Better Holster's website and the reason I havent ordered one is simple, I don't need one. The UC Comfort has more slots for other items I need to carry daily. For someone who only needs their weapon and spare mags, A Better Holster should work fine. The only other advantage of the UC Comfort over the A Better Holster I can see is that UC Comfort is available in V-neck and sleveless, two design ideas I prefer as I wear the rig over a t-shirt.

Take care and good luck.

Steve
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Administrator

Post The UC Shirt

Sice you guys are talking about it - then members are going to want to see it.

I think that I found the correct site.

Click Here To Visit The UC Comfort Shirt Web Site

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig
    Doc...I can vouch for the quality of the UC Comfort. Since I first met the owner and tested his product (the 3XH) I have stopped making my own. The 3XH has a varity of slots and comes ready for either left or right hand carry. As I sit, I have safetly and very concealed under a long sleve dress shirt a pistol (hi-cap DA/SA), two magazines, an expandable baton, a Spyderco blade and pair of cuffs and I still have one slot left open. 3XH (UC Comfort) also has a pouch in the front that I recommended he add (and he did) for a soft trama plate. My reason is, a shot to the heart is pretty much un-treatable in the field but other chest cavity areas are survivable.

I have taken a look at A Better Holster's website and the reason I havent ordered one is simple, I don't need one. The UC Comfort has more slots for other items I need to carry daily. For someone who only needs their weapon and spare mags, A Better Holster should work fine. The only other advantage of the UC Comfort over the A Better Holster I can see is that UC Comfort is available in V-neck and sleveless, two design ideas I prefer as I wear the rig over a t-shirt.

Take care and good luck.

Steve
    Thanks, Steve. The lack of V-neck is one negative I had noticed. At the same time I do not have the need for the equipment that you are required to carry. I guess I may have to just suck it up and buy one to see if it will work for me.

Keep safe.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links