New IWB Holster for the CW9 from Theis holsters - Page 2

New IWB Holster for the CW9 from Theis holsters

This is a discussion on New IWB Holster for the CW9 from Theis holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I curious if you're not an attorney and specifically a patent attorney what are you basing your comment on?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New IWB Holster for the CW9 from Theis holsters

I curious if you're not an attorney and specifically a patent attorney what are you basing your comment on?

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    I ordered one for my LC9 with LG-412. I'll report when I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    I curious if you're not an attorney and specifically a patent attorney what are you basing your comment on?
    If you're speaking to me, I'm basing it on the fact that the CBST states "patent pending" and the holster image (post 10) looks identical to it; shape, color, size, function, etc. I'm not an attorney. Just threw it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheisHolsters View Post
    does a ruger lcp look like a keltec 3at.?
    They do not look identical. I'm sure the manufacturers can substantiate a difference in design and function also.

how many bullets look just a like, but are made by so many different manufacturers.
    I'm sure the manufacturers can substantiate a difference in design and function.

why aren't we all driving fords and shooting colts?
    I'm sure the different manufacturers can substantiate a difference in design and function.

Again, I'm not a lawyer. But the product looks like an identical copy to me.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by jdf3834 View Post
    They do not look identical. I'm sure the manufacturers can substantiate a difference in design and function also.

I'm sure the manufacturers can substantiate a difference in design and function.

I'm sure the different manufacturers can substantiate a difference in design and function.

Again, I'm not a lawyer. But the product looks like an identical copy to me.
    Its important to realize that crossbreed was not the original designer of the hybrid holster. Tucker had it atleast a few years before. Crossbreed does have a patent, but it only applies to the use of metal belt clips on a hybrid holster. Its very possible that Tommy has worked out a licensing agreement with Crossbreed. In any case, this is the beauty of capitalism, and ultimately, you the customer are the one who benefits by the added competition. I generally find that the people that say "Oh, thats just a copy of product X" Are really just hurt that there pet product or manufacturer doesn't have a monopoly on the market. Sometimes people feel its "honorable" to go to bat for the original maker of a given product`because they think the original maker is getting screwed. It makes a lot more sense if you actually know who the original maker is. I find it funny that you don't see people hating on crossbreed for the same thing.

I should note, Mark is a great guy. I'm not talking bad about them in any way, just trying to explain the silliness of your position.

Thanks,
    Clay
    TN_Mike likes this.

I just ordered the horsehide with the J-hooks, along with a set of Kydex clips for my CW 9, looking forward to recieving it!

I'm still wearing my CW9 holster every day (have it on right now in fact) with the new clips Tommy sent to me. I still love this holster and it still is the single most comfortable holster I own.

Thanks again Tommy for a great product!!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links