New IWB Holster for the CW9 from Theis holsters

This is a discussion on New IWB Holster for the CW9 from Theis holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered one of Tommie's Holsters and it got to me Monday. I have been wearing the CW9 in it since then and I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New IWB Holster for the CW9 from Theis holsters

New IWB Holster for the CW9 from Theis holsters

I ordered one of Tommie's Holsters and it got to me Monday. I have been wearing the CW9 in it since then and I have to say, Tommy is getting better and better at making holsters. They are a variant of the CBST but are less expensive and just great holsters. I forget I even have it on.

I would recommend anyone to give his site a look if you are looking for a really good IWB holster. His turnaround time between ordering and you getting it is about a week. Give him a look:
    Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters

I will post pics of the holster soon, when I find the time to actually take them and post them.
    Last edited by TN_Mike; July 14th, 2011 at 03:18 AM.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Tommy makes great holsters and his CS is the best in the business. He delivers in a week and the craftsmanship is excellent,

I have one for my Smith 1076.
    TN_Mike likes this.

I'm planning on ordering one for my XD and one for my wife for her XD sub compact.

The one for the CW9 I ordered with kydex clips. I really like them. Much better in fact that the original metal clips I had on my G23 holster he made for me. I'll be getting the kydex clips on all future holsters he makes for me.

Oh, and he threw in an extra set of kydex clips for free, plus a set of the kydex J-hook clips for me to try out at no charge too. Tommy is a great guy and you are right about his customer service. It is the best by far.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Tommy is the man. I will be placing an order myself for a few new weapons I have aquired and he is my go to guy.

I have a Cross Breed I like as well, however Tommy's quality, price, and turn around time are hard to beat.

Sponsor
    Thanks for all the good words guys. Glad they are working out so well for everyone. I finally got a hold of the right folks and have a banner ad here on defensive carry now.

I am thinking of placing an order. Do you use blue guns or originals to mold?

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by orangehole View Post
    I am thinking of placing an order. Do you use blue guns or originals to mold?
    I use both, They only make blue guns for the most popular guns so I have a lot of handguns that I use just to make holsters with

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by TheisHolsters View Post
    I use both, They only make blue guns for the most popular guns so I have a lot of handguns that I use just to make holsters with
    Tommie, that is a really good reason to visit the LGS and add to your collection!

I will definitely consider these for my S&W915 and (next acquisition) G26.

Looks good. I'll definitely consider one for my next holster purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    Tommy makes great holsters and his CS is the best in the business. He delivers in a week and the craftsmanship is excellent .
    I'll second this!
    I have two of his so far and will be adding another 1 or 2 soon.

Great Price and Super Great Service.

Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

I'll third this! I have one and am considering another one for another gun I have (variety is the spice of life and all that). I did a quick review on the one I have that Tommy custom-made for me. You can see it here: Tommy Theis Holster for Taurus 617 The pictures are down below in a later post.
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

The CBST looks like it keeps the gun a little better centered on the leather.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I ordered one of Tommie's Holsters... They are a variant of the CBST...
    Variant or copy? Looks close to patent infringement to me, but I'm no lawyer.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by jdf3834 View Post
    Variant or copy? Looks close to patent infringement to me, but I'm no lawyer.
    there is always someone for what ever reason or motive that likes to throw out a remark this, and what it benefits them or anyone else I really don't know. Here is my take on this, look at all the products that look just alike but are made by different people. 1911's, glocks, every manufacture now has a glock a like,does a ruger lcp look like a keltec 3at.? how many bullets look just a like, but are made by so many different manufacturers. why aren't we all driving fords and shooting colts?
    the list goes on and on with the shoes you wear to the to the fishing rods you use. what is you point sir? Mark Craighead is a great guy that builds a great holster and I send people to him all the time for belts and holsters that I don't make. You will never hear me say a negitive word about any holster maker period. there is enough business out there for everyone and we all do things a little different. I usually don't do much posting just because I don't have time but I felt like you needed a response. I just try to build a good product and take care of the folks that buy them. Who really made the first hybrid holster? Iam not sure but there are at least 30 people building them now.
    have a nice day
    Tommy
    SHTFGearLLC and TN_Mike like this.
    Tommy Theis
    theisholsters.com

Look like great holsters and I am sure looking forward to receiving mine Tommy !
    In principle, principle and practice are the same, but in practice, they're not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links