Is this a realistic rig?

Is this a realistic rig?

This is a discussion on Is this a realistic rig? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm considering the Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe but I'm wondering, is it really realistic to conceal carry with your shirt tucked in and it not ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this a realistic rig?

Is this a realistic rig?

I'm considering the Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe but I'm wondering, is it really realistic to conceal carry with your shirt tucked in and it not printing? I often wear slacks and a shirt tucked in. I am not fat, don't have a belly....yet, and I wear clothes that fit... if that makes sense...

I currently carry an M&P .40c? This is not the thinnest of guns but I sure do like it! Is this realistic to carry in this type of holster? What gun and holster do you rig up with your shirt tucked in?

This is absolutely realistic.

When you tuck your shirt in, it blouses a bit in the back. It actually conceals the handle much better.

If you haven't already, check out the many videos on YouTube that show the Crossbreed in action.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    "Clothes that fit" will make a difference - how close is the "fit?"

My T-shirts "fit." But at the same time, they're not the "fitted" kind that younger guys like to wear these days. My XDm9 3.8 Compact in a PureKustom Black Ops Pro, CBST, or MTAC virtually disappears under that single T-shirt (I wear it un-tucked), but with a more "fitted" shirt? Plenty of people will then play the "What's that bulge?" game.

With dress-shirts, again, it's a matter of how close the fit follows, as well as how "bloused" you favor your wear. I don't blouse - but I don't constantly re-tuck or have a tie-down, either. But I also don't wear shirts that are "fitted." Again, concealment, for me, based on those parameters, hasn't been an issue, but YMMV.

One thing that is an undeniable "tell," though, is the holster's clips/straps that secure it to your belt. Think about going with "J" clips (which transfers the bulk of the weight-bearing onto your pants' waistline, with a hook "J" that captures the bottom of your belt during the up-stroke of the draw, to retain the holster and free the gun) or going with VELCRO clips (VELCRO on the outside face of the "clip," mating to the other VELCRO surface on the inside face of the gunbelt, which actually has that VELCRO sewn-in) will help lower your overall profile.

You might want to look at the Comp-Tac Minotaur, as I have found it to be a little easier to tuck around, and the clips are less visible.
    I do have to wear shirts that blouse slightly to keep from printing. They aren't as comfortable to wear directly against skin as the Crossbreed, but are a little more comfortable when wearing a t-shirt beneath a dress shirt. These are just my experience, and I think it really depends on your body type and specific clothing.

My primary carry is a HK 2000SK, and it hides well and is about the same size as your M&Pc.

VIP Member
    It is realistic, but more so for some than others. Personally, I don't like blousing my shirt out. Note that this is a preference, not a requirement. I have a Comp-tac Minotaur that I use when I absolutely want to carry large capacity/caliber, have it completely concealed, and be in dress clothes. It will work, if you want it to.

Having said that, I rarely tuck and will either carry IWB with my shirt out, or pocket carry in dress clothes.

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    That's a good point about the equipment - you'll want clips that are thin (to tuck around) and long (to tuck behind/under). The Comp-Tac clips, for one, are very well-suited for that purpose....

You can even buy them a-la-carte, to cross-fit to your favorite holster.

I carry exactly the same gun in a SuperTuck. I almost always wear a tucked polo to work these days, but in the past I wore slacks and dress shirts a lot and did the same thing. I actually just use the regular over-the-belt clips on the holster too. With the dress shirts I just bloused the back a little to cover one clip and covered the other with a cell phone holster.

That said, I do have a patch of velcro and their behind-the-belt velcro-lined clips. I just haven't taken the time to try them out yet.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Administrator
    Like the others have said already, its absolutely doable.
    "Just blame Sixto"

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by 40strapped View Post
    I'm considering the Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe but I'm wondering, is it really realistic to conceal carry with your shirt tucked in and it not printing? I often wear slacks and a shirt tucked in. I am not fat, don't have a belly....yet, and I wear clothes that fit... if that makes sense...

I currently carry an M&P .40c? This is not the thinnest of guns but I sure do like it! Is this realistic to carry in this type of holster? What gun and holster do you rig up with your shirt tucked in?
    I do not have a Crossbreed, but I tuck my shirt every day
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Personally I don't tuck for ease of access, but then I also don't have a job that requires me to wear business attire. I think if I had to wear business wear, I'd either carry in a shoulder holster under my suit jacket, or pocket carry a smaller gun.

Sounds good guys. I might have to try it out, however I typically don't "blouse" my shirt.... Definately going to consider these holsters. Thanks again.

yes it realistic I do it everyday. I find that it prints even less with the shirt tucked un b/c of the natural fold at the bottom of the shirt where you tuck it in. I also have the CBST holster. Loved it since the day I got it.
    EDC: FN FNP-9 w/ three 16 rnd magazines. Mini Maglite.

" The unarmed man is not just defenseless, he is also contemptible." ~ Machiavelli.

I carry a Glock G26 in a comp tac. I have to tuck in my shirt for the spiffy office look. If I didn't blouce it out a bit you would notice it there. I even sit all day and in my head I know it is printing the slightest bit, but only I know that all the sheeple I deal with day in and day out do not notice. I believe the thickness of the gun is less of a concern over the height of the gun. It is the bottom of the handle that will print the most.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

My IWB holsters are very similar to the CBST and I can tell you it is completely realistic to carry this way. When I tuck my shirt in, it makes the gun disappear. This goes for the Kahr CW9 and the Glock 23.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Mike, I am so trying to talk myself into getting another G23 as a carry piece. I carry at 4 and tuck and sit alot. You are saying this has not been an issue with you? Any pics to help talk me into it? I've tried at home with my Kimber and saddly I think the big tumor on my lower back would draw actual attention when sitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    My IWB holsters are very similar to the CBST and I can tell you it is completely realistic to carry this way. When I tuck my shirt in, it makes the gun disappear. This goes for the Kahr CW9 and the Glock 23.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links