5.11 Tactical Holster shirt

This is a discussion on 5.11 Tactical Holster shirt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, first time posting on this forum. i hope to learn a lot from it! so i came across this - 5.11 Holster Shirt ...

Thread: 5.11 Tactical Holster shirt

5.11 Tactical Holster shirt

Hey guys, first time posting on this forum. i hope to learn a lot from it!

so i came across this -

5.11 Holster Shirt Short Sleeve

does anyone have any thoughts about it?

fyi i have a taurus pt140millennium pro

2. Remove Ads

Pulls the gun in tight to your side. Printing is much reduced, but not gone altogether. Only big enough for small and midsize guns. For example, a 4" Springfield XD .45 is too big. It's a compression shirt: really presses in on you: takes some getting used to. Adds another layer and the seams are a little scratchy so you might need to wear an undershirt. Thus not suitable for hot weather. To draw you must start high on the chest, so must either have a loose or stretchy shirt that's easy to drag the hem way up, or have a shirt with breakaway snaps down the front.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

I bought something similar, and frankly, it's not my cup of tea. Like mfcmb said, you have to figure out a way to get to the weapon.

"OK, let's all just freeze in place for a moment. I need to unbutton my shirt. I take that back. All my shirts are these $65 custom deals that have fake buttons and velcro tabs allowing me easy access."

Or I can just carry something between 4:00 and 4:30 that doesn't show..at least not too much.

Sponsor
    I have one of the 5.11 holster tees. The stitching is a bit itchy at first but mellows out a bit after a few washings and you get used to it. I have no problem concealing a commander sized 1911 in mine. I don't use it much as I don't suit up often but, if you need to conceal in a suit or just a shirt and tie it's a good option. Replacing a couple buttons on your dress shirts with snaps or velcro is simple and cheap to do. Tuckables always make me feel like I have a colostomy bag or something.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

I have one...it is my last ditch carry method (after ankle carry)....and only if I'm carrying my Kahr MK9...haven't tried it with my P239 yet...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

i see, thanks for the tips.

im a larger guy (6'3" 255lbs) with a bigger upper torso so i kinda felt like it would possibly push my gun out more making print more as i usually only wear tshirts. i figured reaching up my shirt wasnt too difficult at all.

Links