Automobile concealment

Automobile concealment

This is a discussion on Automobile concealment within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have any ideas on how i can conceal my pistol when at work from break ins looking for creative ideas...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Automobile concealment

Automobile concealment

Does anyone have any ideas on how i can conceal my pistol when at work from break ins looking for creative ideas

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I don't think there's anything better than a small safe that's made to be cable locked to the seat post. It's not creative but it would certainly work.

Don't have the problem myself .... business owner, and the rest of the folks in the office are comfortable with me being the one that's armed for self-defense around here.
    TN_Mike and Sky Pilot like this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I have this: Aries Automotive - ARIES SECURITY BOX It's bolted to the floor of my Jeep up under the dash where it's hard to see from the outside. It has four bolts that secure the base to the floorboard, and the lockbox itself slides in and locks into the base. Quarter-turn of the key to release it and another to open the lockbox. I think it's pretty secure myself.

EDIT: They've apparently updated it a little bit. Seems the newer models lock automatically when inserted into the base.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

TVJ
    357and40 likes this.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

The only thing I don't like about the cable lock ones is that the cable can be snipped, and the lockbox moved elsewhere for opening later. I'm sure the cables aren't easy to cut, but still. And I know drilling holes isn't for everyone, but it is a little more secure in my opinion.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    somebody needs to come up with a vertical biometric operated locked box that bolts into the center counsel of a car or truck.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Console vaults....

Shop Console Vaults

Quote Originally Posted by TVJ View Post
    You can get them at Cabelas for about the same price with either key or combo lock option... It is what I use...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    Console vaults....

Shop Console Vaults
    nice!! Now I'll have to buy me a new F250. Hope the wife understands.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Console vaults....

Shop Console Vaults
    Great idea...bookmarked for later use.
    Thanks for the post.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Console vaults....

Shop Console Vaults
    Those are great, I had no idea someone made those.

I had done some concealment things in a few cars when I carried a dedicated "car gun". In my hatchback I had a false floor made that was a few inches deep and covered by the carpet that came with the car. From the oitside it looked like an empty trunk. I have seen compartments made that fit in the trunk under the rear deck, typically where the speakers are in most cars. The one I saw had a hidden release and slid open like a drawer. It was covered with the same fabric as the trunk. Another was built into the side of the trunk, covered with stock carpet, and had a label on it that said "jack storage". Another place to consider is behind the seats. The people who install big speakers in cars usually make custom boxes to hold speakers and have access to carpet to match most interiors, car audio shops are a good place to start. The fancy ones can probably add lights and actuators and all kinds of custom touches. Many cars come with zippered seat covers that zip along the back sides of the front seats. If you unzip it, theres a bit of space between the springs and padding and the cover. I have seen people slip a belt holster over the S shaped springs and keep a gun in there ready to go. A piece of thick cardboard or closed cell foam keeps it from printing through the seat cover. If you want more than just concealment, slip our COM safe in there and you'll have access to the seat frame to wrap your cable lock around. You can also consider camoflage. Get an old kids booster seat and stain it up, grind cracker crumbs into it, paint puke on it, whatever. Leave it in yor back seat with some "dirty trash" and generally make your car look uninviting to rummage through. Nobody wants to steal dirty diapers and kid puke. If you have to park your car in a public place it's just another option.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Theres a small "safe" called a nano. Its has 2 sizes and a choice of keyed are combination lock. It also cable locks to your seat so it can not be easily toted off.

gunvault - Google Search nv&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&source=hp&channel=np#q=gunvault+nv&hl=en&client= firefox-a&hs=dgo&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=np&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbm=s hop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=G5AgTqWRBqTy0gHG96mcAw&ved=0CIoB EK0E&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=4ccf944683288bc4&bi w=1920&bih=1107

That link just shows a google search they are also airline approved for travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    nice!! Now I'll have to buy me a new F250. Hope the wife understands.
    I understand, I am not your wife though

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Great idea...bookmarked for later use.
    Thanks for the post.
    No problem retsupt99 I am getting one of these when I get my new truck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links