Galco King Tuk Tension question...

This is a discussion on Galco King Tuk Tension question... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just purchased a King Tuk for my M&P 9. The rep at the gun show had a "mock" M&P to demonstrate the holster. After ...

Thread: Galco King Tuk Tension question...

I just purchased a King Tuk for my M&P 9. The rep at the gun show had a "mock" M&P to demonstrate the holster. After getting it home, of course, I had to play around with it. I absolutely love the fit on my waist and the comfort it provides, but the Klydex gun mold is EXTREMELY tight on my gun. In fact, if you push the gun all the way in until it "sets" properly (at least as I understand it), the mold actually pushes the slide back ever so slightly as it catches on the extraction chamber. Beyond that, it takes two hands to draw the weapon.

Is this something that will release a bit with time or is there something I need to do to release the tension level of the Klydex??

Thanks,

Kydex shouldn't do that. It should be molded perfectly for easy drawing. Is there a tension screw? I don't remember seeing one on those. You can't really "break in" kydex like you do leather.

I own a king tuk I bought for my SD40. In fact, the holster I have is for the M&P. I had to cut a small notch in the holster right above where the front sight is in order to draw without hang up. I would be willing to bet that is why you are having a hard time drawing and not the kydex being too tight. You can also help it break in by inserting the gun and twisting it laterally to help loosen it up. Finally, you can heat it with a hair dryer till it is super soft and then insert your weapon into it and with some help you can loosen it some.

I actually still use the king tuck for my 1911 pistol. I simply re-molded it and cut a larger relief to clear the front novak sights. It is a great holster, you just have to make a few customizations. And again, the front sight is likely catching the kydex causing your draw issue.

Kydex shouldn't do that. It should be molded perfectly for easy drawing. Is there a tension screw? I don't remember seeing one on those. You can't really "break in" kydex like you do leather.
    The Kydex is only covering 75% of the gun, the inner part is leather, and mine had to be broken in when I first got in the shop kingtuk holsters

Sponsored Links