New Video I Made

This is a discussion on New Video I Made within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've decided to start making a little mini-series on youtube. I've got 9 episodes scripted out and have begun filming several days ago on them. ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: New Video I Made

New Video I Made

I've decided to start making a little mini-series on youtube. I've got 9 episodes scripted out and have begun filming several days ago on them. I finished episode 3 first because all of the filming is done in house so it was the easiest to finish. It is about different holster types. Here it is:

I imagine it will take me several months to finish all of the episodes. The reason I decided to make these is mostly to help out newbies. Most of the information I'm presenting are things I wish I had known about when I started carrying 15 years ago. I believe 2 of the episodes I have planned will be over controversial topics we've argued on a lot around here. However, I do plan to be fair and balanced and present both sides to the argument as best as possible and let the viewer decide. If anyone wants to see the scripts send me a PM and I'd be happy to send you copies of them so you may give any input you think it needs before I finish filming the videos.

The first 9 episodes will be:

1) How to choose a handgun and caliber
    2) Gun vocabulary and acronyms
    3) How to conceal a handgun
    4) Stupid Gun Free Zones
    5) Situational Awareness
    6) Replica BB and Airsoft guns
    7) To Chamber or Not to Chamber
    8) Other forms of self defense
    9) Caliber of Choice

I doubt very seriously anyone on this forum will have any beef with anything I depict in these except for episodes 7 and 9. And as I said, I plan to present both sides of the controversy fairly.

Oh - and I'm also going to be doing some gun reviews but they won't be any specific episode, those will be separate.
    ccman and nerdyvirgin like this.

2. Remove Ads

Over all, not a bad video. I can see it being beneficial to people brand new to CCW.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Good editing. You also have a nice presentation style that's pleasant to watch and listen to. I also can see some folks benefiting from this.

Although, I admit I'm a little nervous about when you get to chambering and more advanced topics.

Nice video. I look forward to seeing some more.

Not bad! I'll watch for the rest.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Adric22, Nicely done. As Whec724 said, great editing and very easy to listen to. Thanks for sharing this with others interested in shooting and guns. Looking forward to future versions. Just watch those controversial topics I have seen on the forum the last weeks. They are polarizing for sure.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Good stuff! Like others have said good job on the editing, and it wasn't boring. Looking forward to the rest,
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Well done.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

JD
    Administrator
    Regarding the Serpa...

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I'm not familiar with the Serpa holster. I must admit being a little confused on the whole holster issue. I was always trained that anytime you are drawing a weapon or even pointing a weapon, your trigger finger should be on the side of the gun, above the trigger. In fact, one of my OWB paddle holsters actually has a button which must be lightly depressed in order to remove the gun from the holster, and the location of the button actually puts your finger exactly where it is supposed to be on the gun once the gun is fully withdrawn from the holster.

So am I to understand this guy was putting his finger around the trigger as he was pulling the gun out? Or is it something I am missing in regards to the "serpa" holster?
    Thank you for that explanation. I now understand the issue a little better. It sounds to me like I would probably never buy such a holster. That actually sounds crazy that the retention release would place your finger right on the trigger. Most holsters don't even have a release button and those that I've seen and own that do have a button force your finger to the "safe" position above the trigger when removing. I would not not have it any other way.

From not familiar / unsafe won't buy one to "is a good design" in 12 days?

good video.. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Regarding the Serpa...
    From not familiar / unsafe won't buy one to "is a good design" in 12 days?
    I do not own any Serpa holsters. I've never even seen one. None of the models shown in my video were a Serpa. The one I was talking about with the button places your finger on the side of the gun, which I do believe is a good design. The way I was understanding the descriptions given to me about the Serpa was that it would place your finger on the trigger when pulling the gun from the holster, which I would think is a bad design. The paddle holster I'm showing in the video is made by Black Hawk.

I do not own any Serpa holsters. I've never even seen one. None of the models shown in my video were a Serpa. The one I was talking about with the button places your finger on the side of the gun, which I do believe is a good design. The way I was understanding the descriptions given to me about the Serpa was that it would place your finger on the trigger when pulling the gun from the holster, which I would think is a bad design. The paddle holster I'm showing in the video is made by Black Hawk.
    Yeah it's a blackhawk SERPA holster

Administrator
    I do not own any Serpa holsters.
    Yes you do.
    I've never even seen one.
    Yes you have.

of the models shown in my video were a Serpa.
    One of them was.

one I was talking about with the button places your finger on the side of the gun, which I do believe is a good design. The way I was understanding the descriptions given to me about the Serpa was that it would place your finger on the trigger when pulling the gun from the holster, which I would think is a bad design. The paddle holster I'm showing in the video is made by Black Hawk.
    Yes, we know. The Blackhawk Serpa.

http://www.blackhawk.com/catalog/holsters,16.htm
    SIGguy229 likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    Yeah it's a blackhawk SERPA holster
    Okay, you've got me scratching my head a bit on this one. I got the impression Serpa was a brand-name and they made a specific style. I'll have to go back and read the messages in those other threads again, but the explanation I got was that Serpa would place your finger on the trigger. Mine most definitely does not do that, as you can clearly see in the video.

JD
    Administrator
    Seriously? You and a clue need to meet, perhaps Google can arrange a blind date.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links