Almost drop my gun out of my shorts today

This is a discussion on Almost drop my gun out of my shorts today within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I'm on vacation with my family at a outlet mall in Branson Missouri. I had my BG .380 on me and the holster I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Almost drop my gun out of my shorts today

Well I'm on vacation with my family at a outlet mall in Branson Missouri. I had my BG .380 on me and the holster I have clips on too inside of my shorts. The clip just clips on the holsters too. well I went to move it just a little because it was on my hip and was bugging me and the holster fell out of the clip and almost fell out of my shorts out in the middle of the open but I grabbed my gun before it fell. So i had to hold my gun in my short and quickly go into a clothing store and go into a fitting room and fix my gun. Here is a picture of the holster. So if you are looking at getting one don't. it was a close call but I'm glad it didn't fell out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Images

Grabbing a falling gun can sometimes end badly. Glad you're ok.

Uncle Mike's would have been a better choice...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Glad it worked out ok!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Very true! Almost any quality gun now-a-days wont drop fire, but if you go trying to catch it bad things can happen.
    • We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

A Remora would have prevented that.
    TN_Mike likes this.

Check out some of the High Noon stocking item IWB holsters, like the Bare Asset, I believe they are still under $40, ship to you in about 3 days, and are much better than that one you are using now.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

If you are going to carry a firearm, then get serious about holster selection. I am not trying to beat you up here, but you are a represenative of us all, and a quality holster is mandantory. Anything less is careless.
    wmhawth, zacii, limatunes and 4 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

One size fits all holsters have a huge problem and that is gun retention,if you trip and fall or get knocked down,or have to run the gun can come out way too easy,I will bet money that when you hear stories about guns falling out of holsters in bathrooms etc are from the uncle mike style of fabric holsters,I see people buying these cheap holsters all the time,they may be inexpensive,but they may end up costing you a lot more later on
    limatunes and SIGguy229 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

A quality holster is a must.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    While it's not a 'made for' holster, check out the Bianchi Professional 100 IWB:

Model 100 *Professional™ Inside Waistband Holster Bianchi Leather Holsters

I did some digging for the firearm models on their list that were similar to my Kel-tec PF-9 & came up with the 9A...which fit beautifully. It holds your belt tightly & the leather provides for a reasonably tight hold on the firearm (as good as my CrossBreed QwikClip). The mouth is stiff so reholstering is a snap, & it is very comfortable to wear. I found one online for about $40 about a year ago.

If you have one near you, Cabelas has some of the Bianchi line in-store if you want to fit test.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

los
    Shoulda named it "The Blonde".
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Well I can see were you said that but lucky I just kind of stopped it by the end of the barrel I did not have a hold of the trigger and it was locked.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    If you are going to carry a firearm, then get serious about holster selection. I am not trying to beat you up here, but you are a represenative of us all, and a quality holster is mandantory. Anything less is careless.
    Yea I hear you there I do need to get a better one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    One size fits all holsters have a huge problem and that is gun retention,if you trip and fall or get knocked down,or have to run the gun can come out way too easy,I will bet money that when you hear stories about guns falling out of holsters in bathrooms etc are from the uncle mike style of fabric holsters,I see people buying these cheap holsters all the time,they may be inexpensive,but they may end up costing you a lot more later on
    True but the holster does fix that gun it just the stupid clip that holds it on your shorts or pants it is a poor design.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links