My review and pics of a Galco Side Snap Scabbard

This is a discussion on My review and pics of a Galco Side Snap Scabbard within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I originally had an issue with this holster binding i the draw as posted here http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...ic-inside.html I stretched the holster by using the plastic bag ...

Thread: My review and pics of a Galco Side Snap Scabbard

My review and pics of a Galco Side Snap Scabbard

I originally had an issue with this holster binding i the draw as posted here My new holster is hanging up in the draw (pic inside)

I stretched the holster by using the plastic bag method while at the same time wrapping up the snap belt loops to simulate it wrapping around my body.

I am 6' 3" and 180lbs so I am on the thin side. Out of the box this holster was horrible on the draw but it did pull the gun in almost as tight as an IWB holster so I spent some time getting it workable.

My primary carry method is either a Milt Sparks VMII or a Crossbreed Supertuck (I have one of there for each handgun I use as an EDC). I wanted to find an OWB holster that conceals as well as my IWB holsters and after almost seven years of trying different holsters I think this one fits the bill.

Funny to think about all of the "custom" holsters I have tried and none of them work as well as this "production" holster from Galco.

Here is a pic of it before working it over.

and here are some pics of it in use with a Crossbreed belt.

This holster really does pull the gun in tight to the body. I find what prints the most is not the grip but the very back of the slide and rear sight. Tonight I will probably add a wedge to the bottom inside of the holster to tip the top of the holster and gun into the body a little bit more and it will be perfect.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Ads

Good to hear you are happy with it now. Leather just takes a little time to work. You have to give it a few days to loosen and stretch a bit.

Links