shark skin holster

This is a discussion on shark skin holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How does it wear? As far as flexible but durable. And comfort...

Thread: shark skin holster

shark skin holster

How does it wear? As far as flexible but durable. And comfort

2. Remove Ads

I have a garrity for my BHP. it holds up very well and stays pretty stiff. It is definitely a hard use holster.

Just a couple notes on shark in regards to holsters(which you may know but the way you worded the question I'm not sure). Shark is used in a way that it's basically laminated to a piece of cowhide or horsehide. That material is what creates the stiffness of the rig and the support. There will be some support from the adhesive and a little from the shark but generally speaking it's a aesthetic option from the support side of things.

On how it wears, well shark is one of the most abrasive resistant hides that you can use. It will take allot more abuse than cow or horse as far as scrapes and scratches without showing any real wear or cuts. Stingray, Elephant and a few others are a little tougher(or so is my understanding, though I don't have technical specs to back that up). Generally though I would say that cowhide is more durable than most guys will really need on a carry rig, most people do not really beat up their gear. However you do find some people are harder on rigs than others, say an OWB that seeing some open carry while working outdoors. Or if you carry while climbing under cars etc, then the extra abrasion resistance can really make a rig look better for a longer period.

The other real advantage is that shark is pretty dang good looking;) I like the exotics mostly based on the looks, but the function is nice as well. It's one of those personal decisions though, if you like them, go for it;)

Take care!

Luke
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

Thanks guys

Links