Sticky Holsters - a great option for IWB/Pocket carry - anyone else tried these?

Sticky Holsters - a great option for IWB/Pocket carry - anyone else tried these?

This is a discussion on Sticky Holsters - a great option for IWB/Pocket carry - anyone else tried these? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello, Based on a couple of reviews on this forum I broke down and ordered a Remora holster. It worked well but the dimples in ...

Thread: Sticky Holsters - a great option for IWB/Pocket carry - anyone else tried these?

Hello,

Based on a couple of reviews on this forum I broke down and ordered a Remora holster. It worked well but the dimples in the outer lining seemed to leave an impression on my skin that would then irritate a bit. I figured it would go away, but it persisted. So i started looking for another option and ran across the Sticky Holster. Man, what a difference it made for me. Its outer material is, I'm guessing, 3x more non-slip than the Remora. Not to mention the fact that its surface is smooth and soft - kinda like a fine leather. But man does it stick. I find that its edging is soft and comfortable, again unlike the Remora who's inside edge of the edging can be a bit rough.

I happened across one of the owners visiting a gun shop in my area and found out that the owners of Sticky used to be partners in Remora. He said one of them actually helped develop the Remora. I asked him why the outer skin of the Remora seems to float and bubble, when the Sticky holster feels more like a solid piece of material. He wouldn't get into details, but he says it has to do with the laminating process and breakdown of glues used.

I still have my Remora and use it every once in a while but the Sticky Holster is, in my opinion, a much more refined and well thought out, and not to mention, comfortable holster.

Anyone else tried these holsters?

I use a De Santis for LCP, Ruger P345, jframe and a bersa. Not the same holster for each one but proper holster for the gun.

My De Santis wore out far too quick. Its cheap enough. My Sticky has a lifetime warranty, they say they will replace it with a new one if something is wrong with it.

Here's the mother of all pocket holsters, with the 'thumb push'...
    Fist Pocket Holster
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I've got an Uncle Mikes pocket holster. Comfy and having it delivered ($shipping$) to my house cost me the same as buying it at the gun store. Gun store prices are so high these days. I wonder how long it will take until the little bottom "foot" gives way.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnycakes View Post
    Hello,

Based on a couple of reviews on this forum I broke down and ordered a Remora holster. It worked well but the dimples in the outer lining seemed to leave an impression on my skin that would then irritate a bit. I figured it would go away, but it persisted. So i started looking for another option and ran across the Sticky Holster. Man, what a difference it made for me. Its outer material is, I'm guessing, 3x more non-slip than the Remora. Not to mention the fact that its surface is smooth and soft - kinda like a fine leather. But man does it stick. I find that its edging is soft and comfortable, again unlike the Remora who's inside edge of the edging can be a bit rough.

I happened across one of the owners visiting a gun shop in my area and found out that the owners of Sticky used to be partners in Remora. He said one of them actually helped develop the Remora. I asked him why the outer skin of the Remora seems to float and bubble, when the Sticky holster feels more like a solid piece of material. He wouldn't get into details, but he says it has to do with the laminating process and breakdown of glues used.

I still have my Remora and use it every once in a while but the Sticky Holster is, in my opinion, a much more refined and well thought out, and not to mention, comfortable holster.

Anyone else tried these holsters?

I just got my first Sticky holsters (one for me, two for my baby brudder's birthday that's coming up, shhhhhh) and my first impressions are very positive. The following is my direct comparison between the Remora Model 10 RFT and the Sticky MD4.

The Sticky holster inner nylon lining appears to be one notch "finer" of a weave, more weaves per inch that is to say, and this same material is used for the outer edge, unlike the Remora which utilizes the its grippy dimpled material for the body and edge.

Outer body "grip" surface of the Sticky has no dimples (again, unlike the Remora), as is apparent in the pictures on their website, and was my primary concern, prior to actually installing it in my waistband. I literally could not pull it out. I had a G26, slightly over-sized jeans and a belt comfortably snugged with both holsters. I could pull out the Remora with some effort. The Sticky holster would not budge with maximum comfortable pull. What I mean is, I didn't go ape-scat nutzo trying to jerk it out, but I pulled hard enough to be certain that I would have to do just that to get it out.

Compared to the standard Remora which maintains it's curvature on the sewn edge, the Sticky holster reverses the curve in the grip region resulting in full grip exposure.

Weapon fully seated, the rear sight is exposed in the Remora, and covered in the Sticky (har har....covered in the Sticky...am I allowed to say that here?)

Fit and finish goes to the Sticky holster, johnnycakes said it well, it's more refined. Cleaner edges, tighter stitching, and a crisper implementation all around. Weapon fully seated, the Remora allows a couple degrees of pivot, if I force it, the Sticky almost none.

Long term comfort, I can't yet make a call, but I can say I love the Remora, it is hands down the most comfortable and convenient IWB rig that I have tried. I expect similar results from the Sticky.

Durability is also too soon to compare, as I haven't got any time on the Sticky. The Remora I use for my G19 has loosened up over time, such that if it isn't in my waistband, it slips easily off the weapon. Not a big deal, but mildly annoying.

I've tried to keep this comparison direct and un-biased. I have no axe to grind with either company and am not interested in any behind-the-scenes drama that may or may not exist. I love my Remora gear, and hope to love my Sticky gear as much or more. Time will tell.

For now I'm comfortable saying that if you're into this type of holster, Sticky is definitely worth a try.

Carried a G26 in the Sticky holster all weekend, wearing loose draw-string gym shorts, while installing flooring (lot's of up/down/bend/stoop/scoot, etc). It didn't budge, and was very comfortable the whole time.

I also tried pulling the rig out of the waistband of the shorts. I pulled until I could plainly see that the side of the holster that rests against the body was completely clear of myself, and only the friction between my shorts and the outer surface of the holster was what was keeping it held in. I gave up when I had pulled the rig (along with my shorts) up in line with my ribs.

I know that one weekend doth not a long-term test make, but for now I've got to give the "Win" to Sticky Holsters. Simply put, it's the better product, all around, IMO.

I tried a sticky holster once,but the tape kept pulling the hair off my waist.

FYI

It has come to REMORA'S attention from a forum member, that the owners of 'another" holster company has been stating the fact that they have had a large influence on the research and development of REMORA products, and that they were actually partners in the company. Have it be known that REMORA never had any partners, nor influence from any other sources than it's own research and development team, which they were not a part of. REMORA apologizes for having to bring such menial posting to a fantastic forum that has brought us nothing but positive postings, and a tremendous customer following, resulting in numerous purchases.We can only thank all forum members for your support, and hopefully meet all your expectations on our existing products and future products, as well. Thank You-Keep Safe! REMORA

Sponsored Links