Safariland 18 IWB

Safariland 18 IWB

This is a discussion on Safariland 18 IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for a holster for my M&P fullsize for CCW and I have to get one before Saturday when my wife takes her class for ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vista461

Thread: Safariland 18 IWB

Safariland 18 IWB

Looking for a holster for my M&P fullsize for CCW and I have to get one before Saturday when my wife takes her class for her to use in class. I found this one local and figured if I was going to buy one I may as well pick up something I'd use instead of some crappy nylon one that's would never get used again. Looks like it has adj cant as well.

Anyone had any experience with this model?

Model 18 IWB Holster | Safarilandô

Well I picked it up, not easy to find a non-glock and non-generic nylon holster locally on short notice. Seems like a decent piece, suede covered Kydex.

How do you like it thus far? I'm also looking for my M&P and considered this one until I want to put the money into a custom holster.

Seems ok, haven't tried it outside the house because our CCW law doesn't take effect until Nov1. Its adjustable for cant, which I like. It will retain the gun holding it upside down, but not if you shake it. Stays open for reholstering since its Kydex.
    sparkykb likes this.

Do you still have the holster? If so how do you like it? Are the model 18's open bottom so that different slide lengths of the same pistol can fit in the holster? I'd like a kind of "generic" holster that could fit my G26, 19, or 17 depending on what I want to carry so if it is open bottom that would be sweet. I am interested in the model 18 out but there isn't much info on the internet about it.

Yep, still use it whenever I carry my M&P's. It's made for the the full size, but I use it for my compact too. The bottom is open but not sure if it would work with the 5" model, but works fine with the 4.25" and the Compact. It also is has space in the top for the manual safeties, which my M&P's don't have.

Links