CCW Holster Search: OWB, Appendix, Horizontal?

This is a discussion on CCW Holster Search: OWB, Appendix, Horizontal? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know if such a holster exists? I'm kind of fed up with IWB holsters and I'm looking for something that is OWB, located ...

Thread: CCW Holster Search: OWB, Appendix, Horizontal?

CCW Holster Search: OWB, Appendix, Horizontal?

Does anyone know if such a holster exists?

I'm kind of fed up with IWB holsters and I'm looking for something that is OWB, located for appendix area carry (possibly 2 o'clock as well), that situates the gun in a horizontal, or near horizontal position.

My primary carry gun Is an HK P2000SK, so it's not particularly large, very much the size of a G26 for those more familiar with Glocks.

I live in Florida and spend a lot of time in cargo shorts, and large t shirts. I think this style, design and gun positioning would be ideal for how I'd like to carry.

Perhaps a true horizontal position would be less effective than a near horizontal cant to the holster. The thinner the holster, the better too.

I'd consider a SOB holster that is also OWB and horizontal as well. Just not looking for a thick leather holster regardless....the more low profile the better.

An ideas?
    كافر AMERICAN INFIDEL كافر

2. Remove Ads

Are you talking about cross-draw? To check it out put your IWB holster OWB on your opposite side at 2 and play with it. Horizontal is usually in shoulder rigs, haven't seen one in belt mount. Once you are sure of what you want you can likely get it made by a custom holster mfg.

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    Are you talking about cross-draw? To check it out put your IWB holster OWB on your opposite side at 2 and play with it. Horizontal is usually in shoulder rigs, haven't seen one in belt mount. Once you are sure of what you want you can likely get it made by a custom holster mfg.
    Picture something like this:

47383d1308326031-cross-draw-holster-model-17-3-large.jpg

This is essentially what I'm looking for, but slightly larger to fit a small 9mm.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I've seen quite a few from different manufacturers, a horizontal cross draw is called a seated or driving holster. I just did some quick google-fu and saw Fist, Garrity's Gun Leather, and Ross Leather make exactly what you are looking for. I'm sure there are many other's.

Expensive, but works very well...I have this for my Glock-36... FIST, INC.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Looking in to the options above, thank you!

My first holster was an IWB from Crossbreed - less waiting and lower cost.

Then I bought an OWB holster from Highnoon (Slide Guard) and love it (everyday holster now).

I bought an OWB Kydex holster from Blade-Tech (Eclipse) and use it when I will be in wet/humid areas or ouot in the weather (as Kydex is more durable).... but for driving and wearing up against my body, the leather Highnoon holster is the most comfortable. The kydex does give a consistent "draw" no matter how I am standing or sitting or how tight my belt is.

No one holster can do it all and you get what you pay for.

For me, I like OWB holsters and just learn to dress around them with coats, golf vests and longer tail shirts (I always wear t-shirts to keep the holster and gun from rubbing against me).

I like "strong-side, FBI cant holsters and this design and "high-ride" design conceals well and is comfortable... the higher the ride the more it conceals and the holster should draw in tight to yoru body.

Check my signature below for the holster models I own and use.

Good luck.
    Springfield XDM 40cal
    Safariland Double Magazine Duty Pouch
    High Noon "Slide Guard" Holster - Leather (OWB)
    BladeTech "Eclipse" Holster - Kydex (OWB)
    Aker Reinforced Gun Belt (Leather & Polymer)
    Wilderness Tactical/Operator Belt (Kydex Reinforced)

Links