Don Hume JIT slide holster for a Glock?

This is a discussion on Don Hume JIT slide holster for a Glock? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone here use one of these rigs for a Glock 27 or any other Gun I'd so how's does it conceal? Thanks...

Thread: Don Hume JIT slide holster for a Glock?

Don Hume JIT slide holster for a Glock?

Does anyone here use one of these rigs for a Glock 27 or any other Gun I'd so how's does it conceal? Thanks
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

I have a couple that I use occasionally(g26, g30)in cooler weather when I can wear coat or at least a vest. There is no can't to these Holsters so they don't conceal very well without a really good cover garment.....or at least not as well as my other OWB & IWB Holsters!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

I had one, nice holster for the price. Just be careful and keep an eye on condition. There is a thread about a guy who had an AD/ND because the trigger area got loose. I had one, and really liked it. It is lower ride than I like, especially for polymer pistols that aren't as top heavy as my 1911. But conceals as good as my pancake holsters. Only difference is the barrel can be seen if I raise my arm due to the lower ride height. Notice in the side pic how I hooked the elastic bottom over the barrel
    Attached Images

I have one for my G30 and my G20, I agree that the ride is a little lower then what I prefer, however, with the cost of the rig, I think it is well worth the money spent.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."

"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a
    large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

Quote Originally Posted by Usmc_cowboy View Post
    with the cost of the rig, I think it is well worth the money spent.
    Great point, I think I paid $21. How can you NOT buy one for that price. It is nice to wear around the house and yard.

Actually, it doesn't conceal anywhere near as good as a pancake style OWB; it's all about the positioning of the belt slots on the JIT as oposed to on a pancake; which actually "pulls" the gun into your side where the JIT just "holds" it there. A JIT is fine if you're wearing a coat or jacket, but if your of avg build, and just wearing T or polo, a Glock is gonna print more with a JIT than you might like. With my Kramer belt Scabbard (pancake design), no printing with just a T or polo.

Quote Originally Posted by druryj View Post
    Actually, it doesn't conceal anywhere near as good as a pancake style OWB; it's all about the positioning of the belt slots on the JIT as oposed to on a pancake; which actually "pulls" the gun into your side where the JIT just "holds" it there. A JIT is fine if you're wearing a coat or jacket, but if your of avg build, and just wearing T or polo, a Glock is gonna print more with a JIT than you might like. With my Kramer belt Scabbard (pancake design), no printing with just a T or polo.
    Well said.....that is exactly what I was getting at in my reply!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Links