Crossbreed adjustment

This is a discussion on Crossbreed adjustment within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello guys. new to the site. Had a quick question. I have a Crossbreed Supertuck that I carry my PT709 in. Just curious what setting ...

Thread: Crossbreed adjustment

Crossbreed adjustment

Hello guys. new to the site. Had a quick question. I have a Crossbreed Supertuck that I carry my PT709 in. Just curious what setting most people have found to be the best for comfort. Each clip can be moved between 4 positions. I know its personal preferance. Just seeing what most people enjoy. Thanks, BILL

2. Remove Ads

i have a k holster and they are very similar and i have it all the way at the top on the front and one down so it cants slightly forward and sits low in my waist line that is what i have felt to be the most comfortable, but it really depends on how you are built and where u can draw easily

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I believe it really depends on your body type and position of carry.

When I carry my 24/7 ProC strong side, I pefer the front clip to be in the next to "TOP" hole; and the rear clip to be in the #2 from the bottom. (For me, this gives me the ideal cant for all my PCWs.)

However, my PCM is AIWB. So, I trimmed down my PCH (CBST "Deluxe") so I could carry at 1-1:30.

For the AIWB position my clips positions are almost reversed. I like to have the holster adjusted as straight as possible and just "high" enough that the muzzle doesn't cause any discomfort when I sit down.

This means I have the "front" clip near the bottom hole and the "rear" clip mounted near the top.

One of the best things you can do for comfort and to help with concealment is get a good gunbelt.
    (If you haven't done it already.)

I have my cant adjusted all the way forward. This is what is most comfortable for me and also conceals the best. I have heard it said like this: You want the imaginary straight line between the front sight and the base plate of the magazine to line up naturally with your body. Your body is straight vertical. This gives you a starting point for adjustment of your holster. For me, this rule fits me 100% so I didn't have to do any further changes.
    IMAG0104.jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Ianator; July 28th, 2011 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Picture was upside down

I don't have much of a love handle, so I can put the holster deep in my pants with max cant.. This pulls the butt of the gun tight against my body and tips the grip forward so it doesn't print.

So mine has the front at the top hole and the back at the bottom. I have my Supertuck, Theis and Tucker The Answer holsters all adjusted this way. Works great for me. YMMV

ETA I carry my full size 1911's (Kimber and Delta Elite),my G29 and G30, and my Smith 10 series this way.

I have my CBST adjusted to the second from bottom holes on both sides. I am using it with an LC9, and the kydex position gives it enough cant for my liking and this height places it just in line with my pant line. Love the holster. Need to get more guns so I can get more of em!

BigJon

I have my Theis, which I wear in the appendix position, adjusted front clip all the way at the bottom, rear clip 1 hole up. This keeps the gun fairly low, with a slight rearward (or outside) cant, which makes it more comfortable when sitting.
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

Great answers. Thanks everyone !

Links