My latest works, with some good news!

This is a discussion on My latest works, with some good news! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been getting into making holsters lately. Leather, kydex, hybrids, you name it. It all started with one gun that I couldn't find a holster ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Spidey2011
  • 1 Post By JD

Thread: My latest works, with some good news!

I've been getting into making holsters lately. Leather, kydex, hybrids, you name it. It all started with one gun that I couldn't find a holster for anywhere. It's now gotten to the point that the LGS owner wants my holsters in his store. He even loaned me his blue guns to make a few. I dropped off two this morning, and I have a couple more in the works. These are all the leather ones I've made so far, minus a small OWB for my Dad's Beretta. You can really see the improvement in just a few holsters. What do you guys think of them?

These are all for my stash, oldest to newest:

These are the two I made for the LGS:

This one is my absolute favorite of all that I made. If I had a Glock, I'd have kept this one for myself.
    Stubborn likes this.

JD
    Administrator
    Your belt slots have improved, I'd suggest trying to be a little more consistent in the amount of space between the front strap of the gun and the holster material, 2,3 + 5 look good space wise, but 1 &4 appear to not leave much room for fingers. Too close to the leather and you'll start getting rubbed raw by the holster.

3 & 5 look mighty sharp, keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Your belt slots have improved, I'd suggest trying to be a little more consistent in the amount of space between the front strap of the gun and the holster material, 2,3 + 5 look good space wise, but 1 &4 appear to not leave much room for fingers. Too close to the leather and you'll start getting rubbed raw by the holster.

3 & 5 look mighty sharp, keep it up.
    I did eventually figure that out. lol. They do work, but there isn't much clearance there. I've already adjusted the pattern for the next one to account for that. Thanks for the compliments. 3 is my new EDC holster, and 5 REALLY makes me wish I had a Glock.

Hey Spidey. Looking good. Building holsters is soooooooooo addicting!
    NRA Life Member

Might try adding a sweat guard as an option? I agree with JD #3 and 5 look the best.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I like that first one, sure would look good inside my belt with my commander in it. Great job!

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Nice work man. #3 is sweet. I like the color and shape of #4 also.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Hey "Spidey" if you ever want to make one for an M&P let me know. I might just be your first paying customer.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You may wish to burnish the belt loops for a little cleaner look too. Use an edge beveler first. I would use the beveler on all your edges then burnish. Mastering the finished edge work is the mark of a seasoned holster maker. Enjoy your new hobby!

Nice job on all of them! I like #'s 3 & 5 best also.
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

Sponsored Links