New holster for new member

This is a discussion on New holster for new member within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, I'm new to this forum and concealed carry. Wisconsin will finally allow concealed carry starting Nov. 1st. For whatever it's worth...here is my opinion ...

Thread: New holster for new member

New holster for new member

Hi, I'm new to this forum and concealed carry. Wisconsin will finally allow concealed carry starting Nov. 1st. For whatever it's worth...here is my opinion of a new holster I just purchased.
    I purchased a Galco FLETCH for my Taurus PT99-AF. As I said, this is my opinion and I'm sure everbody has their own personal preference regarding brands and styles of holsters. Having said that....I would like to say I personally find this holster to be of very high quality, I really like it. It fits my gun very well (slightly tight now as it should be), very nice leather and finish and hugs my body well. I wanted a belt holster with a top strap...just my preference, but I didn't want to pay alot, wait too long or sacrifice quality. I managed to get a very good price on it from one of Galco's retailers, I used a coupon and also got free shipping plus I received it in a few days! I'm NOT a rich man and live on a very fixed income, but I needed a good quality holster at a reasonable price...this holster fit that bill for me.
    I'm sure there are many of you that will agree with my opinion and probably some that won't....and that's OK. As said, we will all have our own opinions and preferences for various and numerous reasons. I just wanted to voice my opinion of the Galco FLETCH because personally I am impressed with it.
    I'm looking forward to using my new holster and being able to have concealed carry finally. I'm not new to guns, quite the opposite...I'm just new to concealed carry.
    Thanks for reading this, David.
    GUNS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM....TOO MANY DUMB LIBERAL SHEEP IS THE PROBLEM.

2. Remove Ads

Welcome to the forum David! Congrats to you and all of Wisconsin on the new common sense law. I've never had a Galco holster and may never have one but I appreciate you taking the time to inform us.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Welcome to the forum! You will find that if you post an opinion or review of an item everyone will generally respect your said opinion and usually give their own as well. As said, Welcome to the forum! and I'm glad they are letting you conceal now!

Cool

Welcome to the forum.

I have had several Galco holsters over the years and found them to be well made for a mass produced holster.

I usually bought them at Optics Planet and got a good price and free shipping.

You can speed up the break-in process by putting your unloaded firearm with magazine removed and chamber checked into a ziplock plastic bag and holstering an drawing from your new holster a couple dozen times a day for a few days.

Enjoy your new found 2-A Rights.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Thanks to all so far for your thoughts and suggestions....appreciate it.
    Additional comments, thoughts or opinions regarding Galco holsters or any brand holsters for that matter would also be appreciated.

Cool

I carry most of my weapons in High Noon holster.

I like their Public Secret IWB for appendix carry of my Glock 19,23 and 36 in the 3 O'Clock posistion as it has a straight drop.

I also use their Mr. Softy and Pocket Grabber for carry of my Diamondback .380 BUG.

photo.jpg .... click images to enlarge
    Public Secret

photo.jpg
    Mr. Softy on left Pocket Grabber on right

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...duct_line.html
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Welcome to the forum, feel free to post a picture of the rig, we'd love to see it...
    Just cause you're paranoid, doesn't mean you're wrong....

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    Looking at the Galco website, the Fletch looks to be a pretty nice holster. My next OWB holster will be a RGrizzle or High Noon. I currently wear a Looper for my Kahr and a DeSantis for my Glock.

Welcome aboard and congrats on your state finally getting its head on straight concerning your 2A rights.

Welcome aboard. Yea Wisconsin!!! I think Galco holsters look well made. My son has one for his S/W 460 Mag. It is really a good looking holster.
    NRA Life Member, Holster Maker
    www.haysholsters.com

Welcome and congrats on getting cc in your state. I just recently bought a galco as well but mine is the concealable belt holster. I got it for my edc, a g27. I know that galco leather is very stiff when its new and will take time to break in but it seems to be VERY stiff and tight. Its almost impossible to get the gun in or out of the holster almost to the point where i dont want to carry in fear that i wont be able to draw if i need it. Hopefully this will fade with time and drawing/holstering a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alude904 View Post
    Welcome and congrats on getting cc in your state. I just recently bought a galco as well but mine is the concealable belt holster. I got it for my edc, a g27. I know that galco leather is very stiff when its new and will take time to break in but it seems to be VERY stiff and tight. Its almost impossible to get the gun in or out of the holster almost to the point where i dont want to carry in fear that i wont be able to draw if i need it. Hopefully this will fade with time and drawing/holstering a lot.
    Try the plastic bag trick...it can do wonders. As I'm sure you know, you want a holster to be stiff, but if it's too tight to get the gun in all the way, most manufacturers recommend putting your gun in a freezer bag and then work it into the holster and let it sit a few hours or overnight or more. Galco suggests 15 minutes for the first try.

Welcome to the site from okl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site from the Pocono Mtns. & congratz on your (soon to be) new-found 2A rights!
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

Congratulations on your holster from another Cheesehead! I looked at the Fletch, then went with the Concealable...seems to have a little more cant to it than the Fletch and no thumb break, but I do like Galco. Also looking to get a Jak Slide for my Sig CS3...Looking forward to November 1, too!
    Gary

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"

Congrats and Welcome! I hope all your LEO's get the memo! Thanks for the input about the holster. Myself, I carry a Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 in a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe which is IWB. Can't complain, very comfy. We will all be counting down the days to Nov. 1st with ya. Be safe and study your laws regarding the new CC in WI. Again, congrats to all of you in Wisconsin!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Links