CrossBreed for Kahr CM9, MiniTuck or MicroClip?

This is a discussion on CrossBreed for Kahr CM9, MiniTuck or MicroClip? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've decided to get a Kahr CM9 for my new concealed item, I already have CrossBreed's velcro lined gun belt and velcro clips from a ...

Thread: CrossBreed for Kahr CM9, MiniTuck or MicroClip?

I've decided to get a Kahr CM9 for my new concealed item, I already have CrossBreed's velcro lined gun belt and velcro clips from a previous SuperTuck Deluxe holster. Now I just need to decide...

MiniTuck

MicroClip

Any opinions GREATLY appreciated as I'm going to go a head and purchase the holster before I can get my paws on the Kahr.

I bought and tried a single clip Crossbreed holster for my J-Frame. While it was faster/easier to put on & take off, I didn't like how much it moved and I found that I couldn't reliably find a consistent grip.
    That worried me and I returned it and exchanged it for the 2 clip Crossbreed Supertuck.

I am also a proud/happy owner of the mini-tuck for my CM9 as well.
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

That's kind of what I was worried about, I wonder if the velcro on the clip would help stabilize the holster more?

I use the mini-tuck for my Kahr 45 works well for me.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    I carry my MK9 in a two clip supertuck, works great.

I have a CBST and a Kahr CW9. It's all new to me, not much gun toting experience. But I'm happy with it. Call Crossbreed and see what the owner thinks.

I have owned both and have experience with various Kahr's.

I use the MiniTuck for the Kahr PM9. I had the MicroClip (sold it) for my MK9, but it shifted around a little more than I would have liked due to the single clip design. On a related note, I have a Crimson Trace laserguard on my PM9 and my MK9 without a laser still fits perfectly in my MiniTuck. Something to think about if you ever plan on buying a Crimson Trace laser for the CM9.

Seem's like a consensus is the MicroClip shifts around too much.

Look's like I will go with the MiniTuck... There's not much reason to get the super tuck with a gun this small IMO.

Those hybrids are a lot of holster for the CM9 and not needed. I have the Garrett Silent Thunder (see pics in my sig line) and it's the perfect holster for the perfect gun. Lots of reasons but one is how quick and easy it is to grab on the way out the door and just slip into place with one hand. No excuse to leave the CM9 at home with that holster. I tried the Hybrids and it takes me both hands with my pants loosened up to put in on.

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    Those hybrids are a lot of holster for the CM9 and not needed. I have the Garrett Silent Thunder (see pics in my sig line) and it's the perfect holster for the perfect gun. Lots of reasons but one is how quick and easy it is to grab on the way out the door and just slip into place with one hand. No excuse to leave the CM9 at home with that holster. I tried the Hybrids and it takes me both hands with my pants loosened up to put in on.
    The Crossbreed Mini-Tuck is a lot smaller than the Supertuck.
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to George Washington, 1796. ME 9:341

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    Those hybrids are a lot of holster for the CM9 and not needed. I have the Garrett Silent Thunder (see pics in my sig line) and it's the perfect holster for the perfect gun. Lots of reasons but one is how quick and easy it is to grab on the way out the door and just slip into place with one hand.
    - Have you tried the MiniTuck or another hybrid holster? I really like the MiniTuck, but as you mentioned, it did seem like more holster than was needed. I've had my eye on the Silent Thunder, but haven't seen any reviews from someone that's tried both.

Also, what position do you wear the ST?

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    As with OldLincoln, I use a Silent Thunder Slim II, with my PM9.

I went with this holster specifically so that I could easily slip the gun/holster combo on and off, even while seated in my vehicle - to arm/disarm in no-carry areas.

Personally, I favor leather for comfort - my IWB holsters are, with the sole exception of the Silent Thunder Slim II, all either hybrid (yes, I do own and use, occasionally, a CBST) or full leather. To be absolutely truthful, the Silent Thunder Slim II completely exceeded my expectations for comfort, especially of a full-kydex hardshell (I tried IWB'ing my Raven Phantom, once - and note that I'd started that by saying "tried" ). It's actually my preferred long-distance driving setup.

If I didn't have to arm/disarm, I'd probably have gone with another hybrid or full-leather holster for this one. But my choice was goal-driven. And FWIW, I'm very happy with the Garrett Silent Thunder Slim II.

Also, for those who have a more active lifestyle, I did find that my STSII did occasionally slip a little out of position (I carry strong-side, 3-o'clock). This is something that doesn't usually happen with "wider" holsters that, even moreso, use two clips.

Sponsored Links