Thin belts

This is a discussion on Thin belts within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry my bigger guns (M&P, 229) OWB in Alessi and Kramer rigs. But I carry my smaller guns (Beretta 85, J-frame 60-14) IWB in ...

Thread: Thin belts

Thin belts

I carry my bigger guns (M&P, 229) OWB in Alessi and Kramer rigs. But I carry my smaller guns (Beretta 85, J-frame 60-14) IWB in Alessi Talon Plus holsters. I love these holsters, and I love the AG Gunleather belts that support the bigger guns so well. But a "true" gunbelt is plenty thick, doubled and stitched. A bit thick for the Alessi Talon clip. I have been using a very old Tony Lama belt for the smaller guns. I bought it when I was 24. Sixteen years later, I have to let it out a notch. I want a proper belt that fits correctly. But I want it thin enough that the Talon hook on the holster makes it all the way around the bottom of the belt. So. Is a single ply horsehide belt strong enough to support these smaller guns carried IWB? Or even cowhide, for that matter. Or does anyone make a belt with lighter backing? I figure if a mass production Tony Lama works, one of you characters can make what I need. 1 1/4 width is perfect.

2. Remove Ads

muitistage;

A single layer belt will certainly support your smaller guns if carried IWB. Also, a dual layered belt made just a tad thinner is possible. We can do either. If we can help, just give us a call.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

Multistage,
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here, as I've never handled the Talon but if I recall correctly, I believe it is designed to be worn clipped to your pants with the belt resting over the top of the Talon clip.

-Adam
    Overland Gunleather
    http://overlandgunleather.com

Links