Glock 17 IWB carry

This is a discussion on Glock 17 IWB carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am leaning towards picking up my first Glock in a month or so. While I usually carry a bigger gun OWB, I may consider ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wormy

Thread: Glock 17 IWB carry

Glock 17 IWB carry

I am leaning towards picking up my first Glock in a month or so. While I usually carry a bigger gun OWB, I may consider carrying this one IWB. I want a hi-cap 9, but one thin enough to fit IWB comfortably. Holster will most likely be Alessi, Kramer, or Garrity. 19s just do not fit my hand well. The new 17 does. Anybody carry one of these IWB?

2. Remove Ads

Yep. I carry a G22 IWB. Getcha a Remora Holster for that 17. They are great and cheap. Can be carried at any position or cant. I also have a Comp-tac C-tac also that works very well. Its good to have a top quality more expensive holster, but I usually find myself going for my Remora. For $25 they cant be beat.
    Stubborn likes this.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

second that I also carry a g22 and a g21 in the same remora holster, it was 99 here today, no issues.
    FWIW while owb is more comfortable than IWB, IWB offers much more concealability, If I could wear a cover jacket then I would do owb, but living in FLA it only a few weeks a year when I wear cover garments

www.remoraholsters.com

Used to carry a 17 and a have carried a 21 IWB. I used a cheap uncle mikes soft nylon, also a King tuck. I would go with a nice leather or good kydex one now. I am thinking about getting a 17 again. Had gen 4...HATED IT!!!! Like the gen 3 trigger better.

Jason
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

I've done it from time to time in a Milt Sparks SS II. Although the 17 would probably be more stable in a VM II or Black Ops by Pure Kustom.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    Yep. I carry a G22 IWB. Getcha a Remora Holster for that 17. They are great and cheap. Can be carried at any position or cant. I also have a Comp-tac C-tac also that works very well. Its good to have a top quality more expensive holster, but I usually find myself going for my Remora. For $25 they cant be beat.
    How does the Remora stay in place without a clip holding it to your belt? I don't get how that works?

Quote Originally Posted by natimage View Post
    How does the Remora stay in place without a clip holding it to your belt? I don't get how that works?
    as long as it is well supported it never ever moves

here's what massad ayob wrote about it
    http://fmgpublications.ipaperus.com/...n2011/?page=18

Its the "sticky" material its made from. As long as you have a good belt tight against the holster it aint goin no where.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

So it's literally just sitting between your hip and your pants using friction? And it doesn't move around or come out when you draw...hm...I guess for $25 it may be worth a shot for my M&P .40

So it's literally just sitting between your hip and your pants using friction? And it doesn't move around or come out when you draw...hm...I guess for $25 it may be worth a shot for my M&P .40
    Exactly. As with any holster youve got to have a good belt to hold it though. It is so nice to be able to grab your holster and stick it in your pants. No clips, loops or paddles. There is a very good thread about the Remora here: Remora No Clip Holster- I am now a believer!!
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Remora, Remora, Remora, thats all I keep hearing . Yep, I'm getting one soon. I have to try it.

Fighting the same issues with my Glock 19. Have thought about going to a Kel-Tec or Kahr...but, DANG!, I'm a Glock man. I'm average size with a 36 inch waist and everything I try to wear in casual dress cloths just seems to be too noticable. FYI...I emailed Remora last week and learned that they are coming out with a tuckable version. No time frame as to when it will be out. I may just have to bide my time until it does though.

I have a number of holstes for my G26, including a King Tuk. Remora rocks. it is comfy, adjustable, and tuckable. worth it

Sponsor
    A great option would also be the ACE-1 made by me. You can check it out at SHTF Gear LLC. Clipless designs are good, but i think everyone should have a holster that is capable of heavy range use especially if you are thinking about taking a defensive pistol course.

Are those CCing the G17 using a an extra cover garment? I can conceal just fine with a jacket or sweatshirt, but with a Tshirt or just a tucked in polo the grip prints really badly for me. I'll be fine for the winter, but when things warm up again I want to be able to have the system worked out. My current IWB holster is the DeSantis Intruder; it works great with my G27, I'm just looking to open up some options.

Glock Certified Armorer

Links