Crimson Trace lg 405 for s&w 642

This is a discussion on Crimson Trace lg 405 for s&w 642 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys so I am looking into getting the 405 grips for my 642. I love the stock grips that come on the S&W. Can ...

Thread: Crimson Trace lg 405 for s&w 642

Crimson Trace lg 405 for s&w 642

Hey guys so I am looking into getting the 405 grips for my 642. I love the stock grips that come on the S&W. Can anyone tell me how much bigger the 405s are and if they are to big for pocket carry? I am not interested on pros and cons of having a laser. I just want some opinions from people who actually have the 405 grip and how close they are to the stock grips in size and feel.

2. Remove Ads

I have the 405s on my 638 and I don't think they are much larger if any than the stock grips. They definitely are not nearly as long as the Pachymyer or Uncle Mike's boot grips. I usually carry my 638 in my pocket and the 405 grips are just fine for me.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Smitty, the CTC 405 grips are thinner than the stock boot grips. I too like the feel of the boot grips because they fill the palm of the hand better but the 405 grip covers the top portion of the backstrap. This cuts down on the felt recoil against the web of hand. It does an okay job of lessening the pounding from 158 grain +P's. The thin grips are good for concealment but makes for a slower grip purchase on the draw from my ankle and AIWB holsters.

Links