Top Holster Manufacturers By Sales

This is a discussion on Top Holster Manufacturers By Sales within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can anyone point me towards a list of the top 10 holster manufacturers by sales? In general, where would I find industry statistics on holsters ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Top Holster Manufacturers By Sales

Can anyone point me towards a list of the top 10 holster manufacturers by sales? In general, where would I find industry statistics on holsters and other tactical gear? Thanks!

I am sure a few of the big ones are publicly traded, if they are you can look their 10-K's up on the SEC website, or the manufacturers' website.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    That would be an interesting list. I know what I do, but I'm a one-man shop. You get with Galco, Bianchi, etc., who knows how many makers they have on hand, and the number gets up there, I'm sure. I would say ask the makers, but I have found, that they will not say. I'm not sure why, but I have a hunch. I wouldn't necessarily say on a public forum, but in a private, sure.

I've personally asked a few, to see where I stand (whether I need to step it up, or not), and they bluntly refused to say.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

I wouldn't equate sales with quality.
    joker1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Agreed!
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    Agreed!
    Ditto!
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

how many of us have drawers full of holsters we don't ever use for various reasons,? I couldn't care less how popular of how many sales a holster maker has, I need one that works well for my weapons and me. Right now for me #1 is my remora holsters

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I don't know if the OP is asking because he's looking to purchase a holster, but, I have never been happy with an off the shelf holster made by the big companies. That's why I started making my own. I'm certain there are many good big name holsters, that are very comfortable, I just found that they were not for me.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    I think we've all have a drawer full of I'll give it a shot holsters.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

Quote Originally Posted by BradUrani View Post
    Can anyone point me towards a list of the top 10 holster manufacturers by sales? In general, where would I find industry statistics on holsters and other tactical gear? Thanks!
    When I purchased the holsters I was most happy with it was usually by referals or from information form forums like this. I would recomend perusing the internet finding the many things you think you might like then research the heck out of it till you've killed brain cells, and do it again the next couple of nights or weeks in a row till say 2 or 3 in the morning then go crazy a buy something. If nothing else you will find what you don't like and that will narrow the search.
    joker1 likes this.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

I'm sure Uncle Mikes sells a buncha holsters to new CCW holders that don't realise how a good holster and belt make a lot of difference and don't fall out in public places.
    I roll my own,If I need a holster I cut it out watching TV,during commercial breaks I run over and stitch it up,then wet form it,then dye and finish it.Every one of my friends that got a CHL upon getting their license I made them a free leather holster so they could pack in style
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have heard that when John Bianchi sold his company they had made over 40,000,000 items under his ownership.

I also remember when McDonald's started putting up the signs "OVER ONE MILLION SERVED". Long time ago.

Quantity does not equal quality. I have nothing but respect for Mr. Bianchi, but I got over McDonald's many years ago.
    Lobo Gun Leather
    serious equipment for serious business, since 1972
    www.lobogunleather.com

I avoided the proverbial box-full-o-holsters by searching forums like this one to find the perfect holster on the first attempt. Crossbreed Supertuck. I'm sure other holster manufacturers sell more holsters and some sell a product real similar to the Crossbreed, I've not tried any others so I cannot judge. Another thing to consider is type of holster. Is it concealed carry (OWB, IWB, Appendix, Small of back, Crossdraw, Shoulder, Smartcarryish, Ankle, Purse, etc.), duty (LEO, PI, Government Agency, Military), Open Carry (elegant, stylish, fancy), competition (fast draw, IDPA, exhibition), cowboy (SASS, cowboy action, local tourist trap gunfighter). Materials? (Leather, kydex, hybrid, polymer) Make of gun (too many to list here). There are so many factors it would be difficult to determine who sells the most of what.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Yeah theres plenty of popular brands out there but i dont like any of them because what i need isnt what everyone else needs. There are so many factors to consider. Your height, weight, belt, shirt, cc or oc, cant, material, retention, appearance, where you live/temperature, purpose needed for, gun/type. Do you think that with all those factors, the amount of sales will show you what YOU need?

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I always tell people, "use the satisfaction guarantee" if the maker has one. Don't just eat it and throw it in a box. If he says he honors his stuff, then hold him to it (even if it's me, lol).

There is no way to "try before you buy", so satisfaction guarantee is really our version of that.
    SHTFGearLLC likes this.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links