New Crossbreed Super Tuck.... how do I put it on?

This is a discussion on New Crossbreed Super Tuck.... how do I put it on? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I just got my Crossbreed in the mail last night, and this is the first time I've ever even seen an IWB in person. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New Crossbreed Super Tuck.... how do I put it on?

New Crossbreed Super Tuck.... how do I put it on?

So I just got my Crossbreed in the mail last night, and this is the first time I've ever even seen an IWB in person. How do I put it on? On the sides it looks like belt loops but they are in fact clips. Does my belt run through them or do I put my belt on over the holster THEN clip the clips over the belt? I rigged som way up last night and the thing was so uncomfortable. Kept sliding backwards and I could not draw at all. Everytime I tried to draw it was like I was giving myself a wedgie.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

2. Remove Ads

Perhaps this brief demonstration will help. I found this on youtube. No relation to me, or anyone I know of.
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can NOT be taken away unless it is surrendered.

Make sure your using a good rigid 1.5" gun belt,the narrow dress belts can allow the holster to come up,also depending on where you put the clips in the holes adjusts degree of cant,for my Combat Commander I like about 15 degree forward cant
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

That Crossbreed video was a great commercial for the Garrett Silent Thunder. Even when he was offscreen putting it on you could tell there something to it, which mirrored my experience as well. Granted mine was trying it on in a store and after trying everything else, had to lower my pants to "install" it.

I ended up with the Garrett Silent Thunder which is a grab-n-go IWB that you just slip in place with one hand while you're walking toward to door. I know I'm coming across as messing all over your new holster which isn't polite and my message is for those undecided out there.

All that said, an awful lot of folks really like their Crossbreed and push them as hard as I do what I like. You bought it and once you figure out how to get it on I'm hoping you like it.

I have a holster that is exactly like the CB but made by a guy named Tommy Thies. I love it (I actually have several of them) and I have not had any of the problems you are reporting. I think your problems could be related to your belt.

OldLincoln, I like the look of that Silent Thunder holster. I may have to invest in one sometime. It looks very well made.
    Azchief likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I think that your questions are relevant for any IWB holster with belt clips. The holster clips go over your belt. Like dukalmighty said, get a good belt that will fit snugly in those clips. The belt, your pants, and your body will create retention and hold it close to your body so you don't have extra movement.

From the Crossbreed FAQ page:
    It goes down over the outside of the belt and hooks the bottom edge of the belt via a 90 degree lip. It is a VERY stable clip as it puts the weight of the gun on the belt and not the pants. It offers the best support of all the clips and is reasonably discreet.
    Good luck! I have 2 Crossbreed holsters and love both of them. I also keep a Remora handy when a belt isn't an option for me though.
    Lish likes this.

Yeah that is a good video. I usually put my belt on, leave my button and fly open, insert holster clips over belt in correct place. (Almost exactly where his is in the video) then button and zip up, and clasp belt.
    When I first got mine, the leather was very stiff and it took several months to get it formed to my body. (I didn't wear it every day) If you want it to form to your body quicker, you can take a wet towel and wipe the back of the leather (that touches your skin) really good and get it pretty wet. It needs to be more than just damp. Wear your holster dry and it will be the shape of your body!

Good Luck!

Thank you, I need to do that. For osme reason I just thought the belt ran THROUGH the CST instead of under it. But like I said earlier, this is the first time I've ever seen an IWB holster in person
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

Sorta like a truss. You may be too young to know what that is but it's a device you wear to relieve a hernia. I tried to use one to keep from getting drafted back in the sixties. I put it on when I went for my physical and sure enough I went right to the front of the "special" line. The Dr asked how long I had worn that truss so I picked a good number. "About 5 years," I said. So he stamps FE on my file and told me to report to room 7. I thought I had it made so I asked him what the FE stood for. He said it stood for Far East because anyone that could wear a truss upside down for five years could certainly ride a camel.
    Azchief likes this.

I've had the crossbreed holster for about 2 months. It's ugly but man is it comfortable and is getting more and more comfortable the more I wear it. I bought it for my beretta px4 compact and it conceals great for a medium sized conceal gun.

Beginning tucking the holster inside pants. When the two clips are close to belt, push them down till they reach bottom of belt. Only the clips show outside of pant. Use a thick/sturdy belt.

Great holster!

Thanks for that

I like the look of the Silent Thunder. I may still buy the CB for my XDM, and the ST for the 1911.

Glad this question was asked, was curious myself.

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    That Crossbreed video was a great commercial for the Garrett Silent Thunder. Even when he was offscreen putting it on you could tell there something to it, which mirrored my experience as well. Granted mine was trying it on in a store and after trying everything else, had to lower my pants to "install" it.

I ended up with the Garrett Silent Thunder which is a grab-n-go IWB that you just slip in place with one hand while you're walking toward to door. I know I'm coming across as messing all over your new holster which isn't polite and my message is for those undecided out there.

All that said, an awful lot of folks really like their Crossbreed and push them as hard as I do what I like. You bought it and once you figure out how to get it on I'm hoping you like it.
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

I also have a Theis holster - love it. I think I may also look into the Silent Thunder.
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

One more plug for the Cross breed. I carry a 1911 which is about as big a concealed gun as you would want. I finally broke down and spent the $$ for a really good and wide belt. Huge difference. I am 5'11" and about 230 so I have plenty of muffin top. My carry pants are one waist size bigger. I put my CB on the belt ( belt already strung thru the pants) before I put on the pants. The 1911 is that last thing I put on. If I had less muffin it would be more comfortable or I could adjust it so it carries lower but if I need it I want to clear leather easy. Also mine grips my 1911 so tight I can shake the holster upside down and it will not come out. If feels better the more you wear it.
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

Love my CB Supertuck! I carry my XD-45 in it. Very comfortable. I've layed on my back on a hard surface while working before, and didn't have any problems with it digging into my side. The leather backing goes above the sights on the gun and is a major reason for why it's still comfortable while sitting.

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Like Flasher and OldLincoln have said, the CBST and other hybrids like it aren't necessarily the best choice, when it comes to individuals who must disarm and re-arm, particularly in compromised/awkward positions (such as in-vehicle).

What makes these hybrids so comfortable, conceal so well, and also so stable for the active user also makes them somewhat harder to put on - all the moreso when you have a hybrid that somewhat loses its retentive capabilities when it's not physically on-body (i.e. more the CBST than the Comp-Tac Minotaur).

Sure, the Garrett Silent Thunder/Slim/Slim II does make it much easier for the user to arm-up or re-arm: even if you're stuck inside a subcompact vehicle, it takes all but a little shift of your hips, and you can literally jam the holstered pistol - and completely safely, at that - down your pants leg and have it positively latch on to your belt.

But at the same time, the Garrett isn't without compromises, either. While I find my Silent Thunder Slim II (for my Kahr PM9) to be the most comfortable full-hardshell-kydex holster I've ever tried (and it is actually so comfortable that it's my preferred long-drive combo), it should still be said that it is a full-hardshell holster: some may not find it as comfortable. Similarly, it has only one clip, which can cause it to shift, particularly for more active users and/or those whose belt its clip doesn't quite mate perfectly with.

No holster is perfect for all occasions. There's always going to be one or another that's better/worse for the job. And yes, I also own a CBST (as well as a MTAC), among other holsters. I'm not making this post to say that one holster is better/worse than another - only to point out that your lifestyle needs may well affect your holster choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links