Upside Down Shoulder Holster

This is a discussion on Upside Down Shoulder Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Greetings all, new guy to this site from Sparta Illinois. Lots of great information here, I'm impressed. I'm looking for a shoulder holster however I'm ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Upside Down Shoulder Holster

Upside Down Shoulder Holster

Greetings all, new guy to this site from Sparta Illinois. Lots of great information here, I'm impressed.

I'm looking for a shoulder holster however I'm trying to find a upside down shoulder holster (barrel pointed up) for a Sigarms P239.

Any help is much appreciated!

Mike
    ArmyCop likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Do you mean with the muzzle perfectly vertical up into the armpit?

Whoa...Tough one these days.
    The Galco Jackass is very adjustible and should adjust for almost (but not quite) vertical carry. You can take a look at that.

Maybe one of our forum makers can custom make one for you.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

We have some seriously talented holster makers on this site and I have no doubt that one of them can and will help with your needs.

Sam Andrews comes to mind as one that can do what you want. http://www.andrewsleather.com/

Question is, can you carry? you are in Illianoy!

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

I have never seen one like that but one of our talented holster makers should be able to help you. Good luck in your search. Ti Carry has a good recomendation.

los
    Take a look at Mr. Null's designs.....

I happen to own an SMZ that's used with my LWS32.

http://www.klnullholsters.com/Holsters.htm
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Administrator
    I remember especially some of the older revolver shoulder holsters were butt down ~ muzzle right up into the armpit.
    I havn't seen any in years though.

Thanks

First, Ti / I'll never admit to being "FROM" Illinois! I've been there for about 2 years and no, no possibility of carry there in my life span! I have the ability to live most anywhere for work and my wife and I are looking at property to build on in Tennessee.

Thanks everybody for the responses. I'll follow up on your leads as I continue my quest.

Stay strong,
    Mike

The original Berns-Martin shoulder holster for SW J-frames and Colt Detective Specials was designed this way. The muzzzle was not actually poking into the armpit though. The barrel was in front of it. With a longer barrel revolver the barrel would lay against the shoulder and body juncture.

My self or any of the other custom makers that frequent here could likely make you something similar, but my first question would be why?
    It is an awkwrad drawing, requiring quite a bit of reaching and bending of the wrist. There are other options that don't require you to be as much of a contorsionist. Also, there is a safety issue. If you tilt your head forward and towards your gun side for some reason, the muzzle is now pointing directly at your own head.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

I had a Safariland(i think it was) holster for a Rev that carried upside down. It locked in on the rear of trigger guard. It worked great. The autopistols trigger guard doesn't have the same shape. I had a holster for a Glock 19 that carried the gun inverted. (late 1980's and I can't remember the maker) The draw was very ackward. It also had a harness that was one strap behind the neck and secured on the belt-it didnt distribute the weight very well and there was no way to carry an extra mag on the harness Ken Null holsters are very good but he has the same harness style

Rusty Sherrick holsters

Do not, under any circumstances, wear a holster that points the barrel of the gun directly into your armpit.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Elmore
    Do not, under any circumstances, wear a holster that points the barrel of the gun directly into your armpit.
    Why?

*When do I get promoted to 2 stars?

Administrator
    No...much better to have it down your pants with the muzzle resting on the family jewels.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I would worry about having a semi auot carried like that for weapon stability issues. I've had to many issues with snap systems comming undone to ever think of that. The ones for the revolvers (Bianchi I used) were ok

I'm not so worried about the weapon discharging but the draw is unnatural, and if your restraint system comes undone, your hosed. One of our agents had his shoulder rig snap come undone during a movement of a dignitary and in the middle of the capitol building his Sig hit the floor. Not a good thing.

KL Null makes the only one I'd use if I was so inclined, but there for the PPK and revolvers.

Good luck.

Steve
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Why?
    Because it is pointed directly into a portion of your body. If you fumble the draw you could shoot yourself. There are plenty of shoulder holsters on the market; there is no reason to buy one that points the muzzle up your armpit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links