Blackhawk Serpas.... universal?

This is a discussion on Blackhawk Serpas.... universal? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have several "Blackhawk Serpa Concealment" holsters for my glocks. However, Im purchasing a 1911 and need 2 for it (I attach one to the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TN_Mike

Thread: Blackhawk Serpas.... universal?

I have several "Blackhawk Serpa Concealment" holsters for my glocks. However, Im purchasing a 1911 and need 2 for it (I attach one to the inside of the console of my truck). Anyways, I see the holster like in the link below (which appears to be exactly the same) that are half the price of the holsters that come with both the belt and paddle attachment. This one only comes as a paddle holster. The question is, if I already have several extra belt/paddle attachments due to my glock holsters, are they universal in that they have the same screw holes and what not as the 1911 holsters? (Thus just finding the cheapest way to to acquire a 1911 body) Are all of the attachments the same? Also, is there a way to just buy the gun part, or would that be too easy?

P.S. I looked up on blackhawk about how they consider the sportsman version a civilian model, and that leo should stick to the others. Whats the difference?

My holsters I have: Right Serpa Cqc Holster-Matte, Holsters, Blackhawk at Sportsman's Guide

The others in question: Blackhawk Sportster Right Hand 1911 $22.45

Before you invest more in Serpa's, there have been complaints about ND's when using the finger release.
    I guess you're pressing on the button, and it leads your finger to the trigger accidentally.
    I have one for my P-30, I got on E-Bay for $30, but I don't carry the H&K, so I didn't really give it much of a test.

Like I said, I have several and have had plenty of practice/time with them. The way my hands fit the draw on the holster, my finger slides up the button and straight to the slide of the pistol. Works perfect for me.

Yep, They're universal.

Screw holes and quick disconnect are the same across the line, holsters in the CQC system, a few mag holder options and a few light holster options. The "duty gear" stuff has a slightly different belt attachment so it rides lower off of a duty belt but it's just the belt half that's different, the holes are the same so you can mix and match even more that it may appear at first glance.

I'm another fan of the SERPA as well, so don't let those wanting to detract from them dissuade you. if it works for you that's all that matters. Might as well be telling you to get another G19 and be done with it. But owning a product of Gaston and JMB has you well rounded in handgun design.

Glock Certified Armorer

So the sportster stuff rides a little higher? Actually preferrable, as sometimes I get paranoid of my jacket being too short.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Before you invest more in Serpa's, there have been complaints about ND's when using the finger release.
    I guess you're pressing on the button, and it leads your finger to the trigger accidentally.
    I have one for my P-30, I got on E-Bay for $30, but I don't carry the H&K, so I didn't really give it much of a test.
    jeezxr6.th.jpg
    Attached Images
    SIGguy229 likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Links