King Tuk and Crossbreed question

This is a discussion on King Tuk and Crossbreed question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Morning All- I have had a crossbreed for my 26/27 for some time and am a big fan. I recently ordered a King Tuk as ...

Thread: King Tuk and Crossbreed question

Morning All-

I have had a crossbreed for my 26/27 for some time and am a big fan. I recently ordered a King Tuk as it accommodates the 19/23 as well as the 26/27. Anyone know why the King Tuk does but Crossbreed makes two different models for the 26/27 and 19/23?

I am in no way promoting one over the other as I happen to like them both. The only plus to the Galco is the fact that it will accommodate all my Glocks.

Back to work/coffee-
    JD
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Just a quick look at the Google results on the King Tuk---that seems to be a "slide" style holster, which means it does not cover the muzzle end of the slide/frame. That means it will accommodate any model Glock based solely on the trigger guard geometry. I don't know about the Crossbreed, but the Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC hybrid holster does have slide style kydex bodies that would allow you the same range of fits. Crossbreed might do something similar if you get the right shell.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

mkh
    Like kazzaerexys says.

I have a King Tuk that fits my XD40-SC, my XDm 3.8 9mm and my XDm .45 and I've carried each of those in it at one time or another over the last 3 days.

I keep my firearms in the same family (like you do) so that they all function the same and its nice to have one holster that works for all of them.

it is extremely comfortable. I had to experiment with it a little to find the most comfortable location which for me is with the front clip placed at 3:00 but since I figure that I I love wearing it.

The CrossBreed for the G26/27 doesn't have as much leather backing at the muzzle end like the larger framed Glock models do. The kydex part is the same for all 9mm/.40 Glocks from what I can tell by holstering a G17 in my personal G26 Supertuck.

Sponsored Links