Remora Questions: P238

This is a discussion on Remora Questions: P238 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After reading dozens of good reviews, I am eager to try the Remora holster for my sig p238 (I'll probably get one for my M&P9c ...

Thread: Remora Questions: P238

BK [OP]

After reading dozens of good reviews, I am eager to try the Remora holster for my sig p238 (I'll probably get one for my M&P9c too). However, I'm a little tied up by the available options and am curious if any p238 owners have experience with this holster and can offer your thoughts about the sweat shield and reinforced top options?

I'm inclined to get the sweat shield option to better cover the safety and because it seems like it would be less irritating as it would help keep the gun from digging into my side.

I'm unsure whether to get the reinfornced opening. I don't anticipate a lot of unholstering and reholstering but it seems like a nice feature if it doesn't negatively impact the holster. I specifically wondered if the kydex band might make the holster more or less comfortable?? What about thickness, does the reinforced opening model add thickness when compared to the standard?

Thanks for any experiences you can share.

BK

I look forward to some replies as well. I recently purchased a P238 as a back up to my larger caliber weapons. I have heard nothing but good thing about remora holsters. I currently carry my P238 ina pocket holster made by Sig, but it was so slippery I had to cut of the leather flap that made it print like a wallet and attach a piece of horsehide so it would stay in my pocket when I draw my weapon.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Give Alan a call at Remora. He is a great guy, and will answer any questions you have. He will even "custom" build something for you, if you have a special request. He did for me. (239) 293-1165 or email him at alan.remora@yahoo.com
    The man gives new definition to the words "customer service".
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have a Remora for my Kahr P380. I didn't get the reinforced holster since I wanted the holster to be as thin as possible. I don't usually re-holster my gun after I put it on, but I have from time to time. I've never had a problem re-holstering it, but I have a 30" waist. I've also worn the Remora against my bare skin and I'm not a fan of it at all. More material (sweat shield) wouldn't make me feel any different.

My wife carries a P238 in a remora. She tried both kinds with and without the reinforced top. She does not like the reinforced version. in fact she said you could have it if you'd pay for shipping.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

BK [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    My wife carries a P238 in a remora. She tried both kinds with and without the reinforced top. She does not like the reinforced version. in fact she said you could have it if you'd pay for shipping.
    Adric22 - Great feedback and very nice offer from your wife -thanks. Does your wife use the sweat shield model? If not, does she find that the safety or beavertail dig into her side at all?

BK [OP]
    Great feedback everyone thanks!

Stubborn- Good advice, I did indeed shoot Alan an email this morning so I expect I'll get some good feedback from him shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by BK View Post
    Adric22 - Great feedback and very nice offer from your wife -thanks. Does your wife use the sweat shield model? If not, does she find that the safety or beavertail dig into her side at all?
    She does not use the sweat shield model. Not sure on the second part, I'll find out later.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

BK [OP]
    Remora Update from the OP:

I took the plunge and ordered the Remora sweat shield model (non reinforced opening) for my P238. Great buy.

I can't see wearing this against my skin as it seems like it would be too irritating, but with an undershirt between me and the holster, it's quite comfy. I was leery of the no clip thing but as long as you have a belt on of some sort to provide some tenstion, I can't see this thing going anywhere. I've just been wearling a pair of shorts the last few days with a light dress belt and the Remora stays where I put it. I had been experimenting with two other IWB holsters, one a cheap single clip and the other an expensive, leather double clip and I don't really feel any less secure with the Remora. Nice thing is that it's easy to reposition, like if I'm in the car or whatever. I like this as I'm fairly new to carry and it's nice that I can use the same holster to try a variety of positions. I've been carrying 3-4pm most of the time.

I'm glad I got the sweatshield model as it does completely cover the safety and keeps the sharp parts from digging in.

Anyway, I'm happy with my purchase and while I still prefer OWB carry when I can get away with it, this is a great option for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Give Alan a call at Remora. He is a great guy, and will answer any questions you have. He will even "custom" build something for you, if you have a special request. He did for me. (239) 293-1165 or email him at alan.remora@yahoo.com
    The man gives new definition to the words "customer service".
    I agree, he will bend over backwards to get you fitted properly

Sponsored Links