A pair of hybrids

This is a discussion on A pair of hybrids within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In the never ending search for a better way to carry my Subcompact and Compact 250s, I came to the conclusion that for me, nothing ...

Thread: A pair of hybrids

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar

A pair of hybrids

In the never ending search for a better way to carry my Subcompact and Compact 250s, I came to the conclusion that for me, nothing beats the hybrid type holsters for comfort. I made all my own leather holsters, and they always served me well, but I got a creative urge and decided to dabble with hybrids. I made one last week for my Glocks, and I was happy with the results. This week I made one for each of my 250s.
    One set of clips I purchased from Crossbreed, and the second set I fabricated from some left over kydex. I'm curios to see how well the kydex clips hold up because I used .94 kydex, and from all I've read, 1.24 is what is recommended.

These holsters, may not be a DaVinci creation esthetically, but they are the most comfortable I've ever worn.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

2. Remove Ads

GM
    Very good job
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Those look pretty good. Got any pix of the backsides?
    Where did you buy the Kydex? I've never seen any of that thickness advertised.

Very nice looking.
    Kimber Custom TLE II, GLOCK 30SF, GLOCK 19C, Walther PK380
    Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro (Greyhound) Holster
    Mega Arms Billet AR-15's
    NRA Member

I am really partial to the Minotaur M-TAC for hybrids.

I can not, in good conscience, put a 1911 into kydex... All leather out of respect to the church of JMB.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    I am really partial to the Minotaur M-TAC for hybrids.

I can not, in good conscience, put a 1911 into kydex... All leather out of respect to the church of JMB.

I felt that way when I first started using kydex holsters, but the truth is there is little difference between the two types of holsters in the amount of wear marks you get. Leather tends to wear a gun's finish a little more evenly all around while kydex tends to wear a guns finish in those points where it rubs, but, both will wear a finish.

I stopped worrying about it, and consider my guns as a tool for my protection; like any other tool, you use it and it will show wear.

pb

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    I felt that way when I first started using kydex holsters, but the truth is there is little difference between the two types of holsters in the amount of wear marks you get. Leather tends to wear a gun's finish a little more evenly all around while kydex tends to wear a guns finish in those points where it rubs, but, both will wear a finish.

I stopped worrying about it, and consider my guns as a tool for my protection; like any other tool, you use it and it will show wear.
    Finally! a guy who gets it... If you carry it, it won't be pretty forever, but it will still funtion flawlessly.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post

EXACTLY!! People who fret over a little holster wear drive me nuts. All the guns I carry are working guns. They will get holster wear. They may get dings and a scratch here and there. And you know what? I don't mind. I've never owned a belt or a pair of shoes or any article of clothing that I wore occasionally, let alone every day, that didn't get some wear marks. They are tools. They will show use. Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by ConcealedG30 View Post
    Finally! a guy who gets it... If you carry it, it won't be pretty forever, but it will still funtion flawlessly.
    Again, exactly correct.

And to the OP, those are some nice looking hybrid holsters you made there.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Thank you all for the comments, and compliments!

pb

Links