Appendix Carry Question - Page 2

Appendix Carry Question

This is a discussion on Appendix Carry Question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know appendix carry is popular, but man I train a lot to make sure I don't ever cover my body with the muzzle of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Appendix Carry Question

I know appendix carry is popular, but man I train a lot to make sure I don't ever cover my body with the muzzle of my gun. Now I realize in some situations that is gonna happen and I may sweep myself (say from a shoulder holster) but this form of carry points the muzzle directly at you leg/femoral artery. Seems like an avoidable accident looking for a place to happen. And the reason I am so adamant about it is that even if you shoot yourself in the femoral artery in a hospital parking lot, you still have a good chance of bleeding out before they can save you.

I prefer to keep my j frame in my pocket or IWB at 8:30 (I'm also a lefty). Appendix carry doesn't work ror me because of my fat gut.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Quote Originally Posted by Super J View Post
    Interesting setup. Who made the holster?
    K.L. Null. It's called the Nullvam (Vampire) Crossdraw Driving Holster.

I carry a 442 in a Mr. Softy, by High Noon Holsters. 0 cant.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    I know appendix carry is popular, but man I train a lot to make sure I don't ever cover my body with the muzzle of my gun. Now I realize in some situations that is gonna happen and I may sweep myself (say from a shoulder holster) but this form of carry points the muzzle directly at you leg/femoral artery. Seems like an avoidable accident looking for a place to happen. And the reason I am so adamant about it is that even if you shoot yourself in the femoral artery in a hospital parking lot, you still have a good chance of bleeding out before they can save you.
    I had the same thought, but settled on the idea that a good holster will avoid the problem. If I would worry about that, I should worry about my gun going off all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    I had the same thought, but settled on the idea that a good holster will avoid the problem. If I would worry about that, I should worry about my gun going off all the time.
    Well said! A good holster is the key to all concealed carry......for AIWB I use High Noon Public Secrets, Alessi Talon Plus, and HBE Slim Pro......all are very comfortable, conceal well and are safe!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Cool

Depending on the carry weapon of the day:

photo.jpg
    Glock 19/23/36 and High Noon Public Secret

photo.jpg
    Browning Hi-Power and Bianchi # 100

photo.jpg
    Ruger SP-101 and Side Guard Quick Clip

All with 0 cant.........

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Clip draw at appendix or a High Noon in same place, I have a Remora for my PM9 that also works at that position. You can see the clip draw on my 642 in my avatar

I carry a 640 in a Sideguard Minimalist holster. 0 degree cant and works well in the 10-11:00 position (lefty).

Taurus 617 in a Theis at 1:00 with about 5-10 degrees rearward (outward) cant. Not the most comfortable position, bit I can get to it quick if I need to, and that's the most comforting...
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links