New Fist Holster Just Arrived!

This is a discussion on New Fist Holster Just Arrived! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just received the Fist K8-4 holster that I ordered quite a while (about 6 weeks) ago. I'll be wearing it this weekend and getting ...

Thread: New Fist Holster Just Arrived!

New Fist Holster Just Arrived!

I just received the Fist K8-4 holster that I ordered quite a while (about 6 weeks) ago. I'll be wearing it this weekend and getting some pics to post along with a review of my impressions of it early next week. For now, here's some pics of it and me wearing it (sans gun for now), and some initial impressions.

Here it is as it came out of the box.

Back1.jpgFront1.jpg

Initial impressions:

The clip cutout was rather sloppily done as can be seen here:

Clip.jpg

The clip can't be moved all the way to full cant position, but that's an easy fix with a small rat-tail file so that's not a huge deal. The only other issue I have is the stitching. There is some kind of dark brown splooge in several spots along the stitching. I suspect that is where they burned the thread to keep it from unraveling, but why so many and so obvious?

Stitch1.jpgStitch2.jpg

Again, not a huge deal, but for the price ($95.70 USD including shipping), I would expect a bit more attention to detail.

Here's a pic of me wearing it (without a gun):

Wear2.jpg

This is a comfortable holster! Granted, I don't have the gun in it yet, but the initial impression on comfort is very good. The screws to adjust the cant were not fully tightened when it came, and I'm considering leaving them a bit loose to adjust for long periods of sitting as when I'm driving. I like a bit more cant when I'm driving.

I really like the key ring option (It came without the keys, but with the ring) for concealment. I usually carry 2 separate rings of keys, one in my pocket (weak side) that I use, and a spare set around 3:00 strong side in case I lose my pocket set. I can put the spare set on this key ring to help conceal the fact that this is a holster. Great option!

One more thing: I ordered it for a 1-1/2" belt, which is what I'm wearing. If you look closely, you can see that the loop is around 2 thicknesses of the belt. And this is one of the thicker belts from TSC!

I'll be wearing this holster all this weekend and giving more impressions early next week.
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

2. Remove Ads

Funny, when your a kid Santa Clause wears red. When your old he wears brown(ups).

Hope the holster works out well. Nothing better than carrying something comforting in something comfortable.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

Links