Ladies purse carry holster

This is a discussion on Ladies purse carry holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well... I set out to come with something for women to carry in their purse and this is what I came up with. It is ...

Thread: Ladies purse carry holster

Ladies purse carry holster

Well... I set out to come with something for women to carry in their purse and this is what I came up with. It is designed to clip onto an inside sleeve or zipper pocket.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Very cool. That looks like it would make an interesting "deep cover" IWB rig.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by jrcholsters View Post
    Very cool. That looks like it would make an interesting "deep cover" IWB rig.
    It would, but you would have to dig for it. Thanks

los
    I like it and I don't even own a purse,...AND I don't have any tendencies to ever own one.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I really like this idea!

What's the other side look like? I tend to toss stuff into my purse without looking (I thought I had lost my house keys the other night, but they landed in a deep pocket), and wouldn't want anything to get caught between my holster and gun.

It does look interesting, but how secure is it if I have a lightweight nylon bag? The material is so thin that I worry about the holster and weapon pulling and the bottom being free. A lot of my purses also have a thin lining that can get snagged or ripped. In my carry purse there is velcro that covers the middle of the included holster lengthwise on both sides so it can't budge. A lot of my purses also have a thin lining that can get snagged or ripped. This can save some wives (like me!) a lot of money if we don't have to buy multiple carry purses.

If you list this on your site, which category would we look in?

Would be a great rig in a Man Purse like a Maxpedition VersiPak. I like that is it leather.

Alabama Holster is making one in kydex that secures to the purse straps, via stirng like the popular trigger guard holsters.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Nice! I would love one for a CM9.... ;)
    S&W 640-3

Quote Originally Posted by Andriss View Post
    I really like this idea!

What's the other side look like? I tend to toss stuff into my purse without looking (I thought I had lost my house keys the other night, but they landed in a deep pocket), and wouldn't want anything to get caught between my holster and gun.

It does look interesting, but how secure is it if I have a lightweight nylon bag? The material is so thin that I worry about the holster and weapon pulling and the bottom being free. A lot of my purses also have a thin lining that can get snagged or ripped. In my carry purse there is velcro that covers the middle of the included holster lengthwise on both sides so it can't budge. A lot of my purses also have a thin lining that can get snagged or ripped. This can save some wives (like me!) a lot of money if we don't have to buy multiple carry purses.

If you list this on your site, which category would we look in?
    I appreciate your interest. This particular holster was designed for a leather purse that has a fairly heavy duty inside pocket, due to the strength of the clip something that is lightweight like thin nylon pockets might be at risk of tearing when removing the holster unless you relieve the tension on the clip by hand. It would work best with a purse that has a stiff divider or pocket. This is more commonly found on leather purses, or purses that are made from heavier fabrics.
    Adding velcro would mean that velcro would also need to added to the purse as well.

I have not added it to my site yet, but if you would to give me a call I would more than happy to discuss options with you. My wife is helping me with the design work where I fall short on purse experience.

Here is a pic of the other side.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 640girl View Post
    Nice! I would love one for a CM9.... ;)
    Please give me a call, I can do that.

Links