Best holster OC or CC for Glock 27?

This is a discussion on Best holster OC or CC for Glock 27? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I will probably carry both ways and am looking for opinions on what to get....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best holster OC or CC for Glock 27?

Best holster OC or CC for Glock 27?

I will probably carry both ways and am looking for opinions on what to get.

2. Remove Ads

I use a High Noon "Down Under" for my G23, works for the G27 also...of course the one specifically designed for the G27 would be slightly smaller if concealment is an issue.

Down Under Clip
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

I own a lot of real nice Holsters including......High Noon, Alessi, HBE, Milt Sparks, TT Gunleather......for OWB carry, it's a toss up between High Noon Slide Guard and HBE Pancake, but for IWB carry, my TT Gunleather Slim IWB holster is hands down the most comfortable and concealable holster I own...with my TT Gunleather(Occidental Leather) Stronghold Phoenix being a real close second! I'm so impressed with the fit, comfort and conceal ability of TT Holsters, that my next purchase will be one of his snap on OWB models!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Far as I'm concerned, there isn't one. If you are goin to OC, you have a responsibility to have at least a level 2 or higher retention.

If your gonna CC, then you want something low profile, and easy to access, yet hold the weapon securely.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I juat bought a galco iwb holster but im selling my galco concealable belt holster. Heres a pic of te one im selling. Its a good holster but i wanted an iwb. Ill post a pic of my new one when i can.

What i carry now

Last edited by Alude904; August 24th, 2011 at 07:33 PM.

Sponsor
    For a good CC option check out SHTF Gear | .

I've got an OC (Blackhawk Serpa) holster a CC holster (Tuckable kydex leather hybrid) and a Primarily CC but equally usable for OC holster.

The latter is a DeSantis Companion holster, I got the clips over the loops because it was what's in stock, for CC I can't tuck my shirt in, but an untucked shirt that hangs below the beltline will conceal it just fine when standing, needs to be a little longer when seated; on the other side it's got a built in loop on the other side for OWB carry FBI cant only, that can be OC or CC with an over garment, same as most could with any OWB rig. It's got a thumb break, so it's one level of retention IMO but it is an "active" retention feature, not just relying on friction.

I've got something that suits each best and one that can bridge the gap, and I tend to prefer it for CC unless I'm going to have my shirt tucked in all day because I like the extra security of the gun not floating in the holster or sliding loose sitting in the car, or if I'm at odd angles.

Glock Certified Armorer

CC = Comp-Tac
    OC = some bad a** drop leg holster (and carry a full size 1911)
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Here are pics of the holsters I mentioned in my previous post.......1st is the HBE Pancake, then TT Gunleather(Occidental) Stronghold Phoenix, High Noon Slide Guard, and last two are my favorite....TT Gunleather Slim IWB. These are all Really Nice, Comfortable Holsters that are easy to conceal. I have a g26 and these holsters will all work just as well with your g27 as they do with my g26 and Sigs (p229 & p239 pictured)!
    Attached Images
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Quote Originally Posted by TXOutfitter View Post
    Here are pics of the holsters I mentioned in my previous post.......1st is the HBE Pancake, then TT Gunleather(Occidental) Stronghold Phoenix, High Noon Slide Guard, and last two are my favorite....TT Gunleather Slim IWB. These are all Really Nice, Comfortable Holsters that are easy to conceal.
    I like #3 and #5
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

I've never OC'd but for OWB with a G26 (same dimensions as the G27) I've used the DeSantis Speed Scabbard which has both 0 and 15 degree cant options.

For CC it's been a SmartCarry (95% of the time) and Comp-Tac's 2 o'clock and Minotaur models. All are highly recommended and have worked well, it just depends on how much confidence I need to have in my concealment, my dress, and my intended activities. For example, the 2 o-clock is great for high concealment confidence, casual dress, and quick disarms at school, but I've never found it comfortable for long drives. The Minotaur is very comfortable, even driving, but doesn't work when I'm in a shirt and tie.

I just put a CT on my G26 and intend to try a Remora as neither of my Comp-Tacs accommodate a laser.

Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    I like #3 and #5
    They're Comfortable!!

Check out Dale Fricke Holsters Pretty Sweet

VIP Member
    Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro - this is a convertable that works equally well IWB as OWB.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links