Safariland vs Blackhawk

Safariland vs Blackhawk

This is a discussion on Safariland vs Blackhawk within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Simple enough. Safariland 6360 or Blackhawk Serpa CQC for the PX4 Storm. Will be used mainly for OC/CC while hiking and fishing. And while lounging ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Safariland vs Blackhawk

Safariland vs Blackhawk

Simple enough.

Safariland 6360 or Blackhawk Serpa CQC for the PX4 Storm.

Will be used mainly for OC/CC while hiking and fishing. And while lounging around in my house. (not old enough for full OC/CC)

There's probably a thread about this and someones going to flame me but I'm lazy :D

I have both holsters; the Safariland is the better holster IMO.

I like the Serpa for hiking and such. Secure and your firearm won't fall out. Has paddle or belt carry options and any amount of cant you could want.

Safariland is a great holster for the $$ I'm not too found of the Serpa JMO ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Why a Level III holster for hiking?
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Safariland, hands down IMO. Although I might step down to something like a 6280, or an ALS w/o the hood for what your talking about.

Okay, I guess I won't cheap out and get the Serpa.

So.. 6360 or 6280? Again this is going to be for Hiking/fishing/lounging, but will be used for OC when I become of age. Thanks

Depends how much security you want, although the 6360 is just about as fast as a 6280 with practice. My 11 year old is pretty good with the 6360 demo model at Streicher's. lol
    Check out the vids on safarilands website.

I'd look at the Safariland Model 6378 ALS Paddle Holster as well. It's a paddle holster but also comes with a belt loop type attachment.

So I may have to get a Serpa. I am just not financially abundant at this age and don't see much real use for a 125$ holster for now, I'm sure in a couple of years when I can carry everywhere it will be a good investment, but for now, the Serpa will have to do.

Anybody have any opinions? I heard they fixed the rock issue (not like I'm going to be rolling around anyways), but the gun gets scratched from the holster, or no? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gary. View Post
    So I may have to get a Serpa. I am just not financially abundant at this age and don't see much real use for a 125$ holster for now, I'm sure in a couple of years when I can carry everywhere it will be a good investment, but for now, the Serpa will have to do.

Anybody have any opinions? I heard they fixed the rock issue (not like I'm going to be rolling around anyways), but the gun gets scratched from the holster, or no? Thanks
    Well, I already told you the Serpa was good holster. No, the holster doesn't scratch your gun, yes it is rock solid, and no you don't need a $125 rig for your current needs. Besides, unless you get a good gun belt, the best holster on the planet will still suck. My advice, buy the Serpa and then visit your local Tractor Supply Co for one of the budget gun belts I posted about here.....New "Gun Belt" for $20

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    I have seen several broken paddle attachments on Serpa's and one broken belt attachment.

I also prefer a thumb drive holster to one that requires you to press inward with the trigger finger.

Jim
    Guest1 and tmoore912 like this.

The safaruland stuff is better but you really dont need that kind of security, for what you say you are using it for. The 6378 ALS would be a great option.
    tmoore912 likes this.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member
    Another +1 on the 6378. I have one and I love it.
    The thumb release is fast and natural. Price is comparable to Serpa. Comes with both paddle and belt loop attachments.

My 6378 in carbon fiber finish is great, and looks cool! :) Very easy draw...the 6360 is nice too and very easy to draw once you get the muscle memory. IMO that's perfect for big city LE where there are crowds of people, but for personal use the 6378 is the way to go!
    Psalm 23
    In God I trust, it's the rest of you I'm concerned about

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P pistol and MP15 rifle armorer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links