Tuck-In Holsters

This is a discussion on Tuck-In Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently got a new job where I have to have my shirt tucked in all day so I need to get a good tuck ...

Thread: Tuck-In Holsters

Tuck-In Holsters

I recently got a new job where I have to have my shirt tucked in all day so I need to get a good tuck in holster. While I have a standard kydex IWB for my 1911 that will work, I would rather use my FM "detective" Hi-Power in a true tuck in as it is smaller and lighter.

So far products from both Tucker Gunleather and Garrity's Gunleather have caught my eye and I am wondering if anyone here has any experience with their tuck in models or any other tuck in type holster.

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by kommander
    I recently got a new job where I have to have my shirt tucked in all day so I need to get a good tuck in holster. While I have a standard kydex IWB for my 1911 that will work, I would rather use my FM "detective" Hi-Power in a true tuck in as it is smaller and lighter.
    Well, I just posted a review over at TexasCHLForum of a couple of holsters made by a member of CombatCarry. I'm sure he's lurking out there somewhere, and will weigh in soon himself, but in the meantime, my thoughts, and a link to some in-use photos are at http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCH...ic.php?p=32889

Lead Moderator
    A few others and I here have expressed dislike of Desantis tuck this nylon holsters. The holster seems to rock too much.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I like Rocky don't like the Desantis tuckable holster it is the most uncomfortable POS holster i have ever used

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Well alot of really quality makers cater to the BHP crowd....me included. Tuckables are a nice option to have..just make sure you get a design that works with you and your situation.
    Both Tucker and Mark make some quality stuff.........
    Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

I would recommend going with a pocket holster before using any tuckable. However, that is just one guy's opinion - many folks would disagree.

While a pocket holster would not be a bad solution, I don't have any pocket guns. The aforementioned 1911 an Hi-Power are all I have and I really don't have money for more at the moment.

Okay, I'm gonna offer my .02. Normal disclaimer is in effect..

If presentaion speed and reholstering are not issues in the environment you are carrying then take a look at a Galco Skyops. Upside, it is very comfortable with my XD-45 Service. I wear it under business suits and it disappears. Downside, it does not have any reinforcement and tends to collapse when the weapon is drawn.

If you want speed and one hand reholstering then maybe a C-T.A.C from CompTac. Not sure how it prints under shirt,, tie and dress slacks but it has great concealment under casual wear.

*How long before I get promoted to 2 stars?

Links