Fanny bag carry option or over the shoulder pistol bags??

This is a discussion on Fanny bag carry option or over the shoulder pistol bags?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; can anyone recommend a fanny bag or pistol pack over the shoulder instead of around the waist. I want alternate options when my attire doesnt ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fanny bag carry option or over the shoulder pistol bags??

Fanny bag carry option or over the shoulder pistol bags??

can anyone recommend a fanny bag or pistol pack over the shoulder instead of around the waist. I want alternate options when my attire doesnt allow me to use my current holster??
    I have yet to be attacked by a block of ballistic gelatin but.........

2. Remove Ads

It's not a bad bag just a bit too big for what I'm looking for. I was looking on eBay they have some 5.11 tactical pistol pouches that are ok. Check them out if you get a chance. I want feedback from someone who has one

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by defensive007 View Post
    It's not a bad bag just a bit too big for what I'm looking for. I was looking on eBay they have some 5.11 tactical pistol pouches that are ok. Check them out if you get a chance. I want feedback from someone who has one
    You mean this? 5.11 Bag/Pack Tactical Pistol Pouch Black Nylon 58604 | eBay

I thought you didn't want around the waist?

can anyone recommend a fanny bag or pistol pack over the shoulder instead of around the waist. I want alternate options when my attire doesnt allow me to use my current holster??
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

VIP Member
    For health reasons I carry a "man purse" with some medical supplies. I suppose I could put a holstered gun in there as well. But, I do not use it, or any other off-body device, for carrying.

I think off body carriage is a huge mistake. There may be some specific situations in which it is OK, or necessary, but the risk of losing your pack through error, or having it stolen, plus the relative slowness with which one can retrieve from a pack, IMO make it a very undesirable way to go.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

i guess your right Hopyard i will stick to my holster which is easily accessible and ill have to find a way to make it happen with all my attire if not ill leave it home if it cannot be concealed enough.....

VIP Member
    I have and sometimes use a Euro fanny-style bag but its very slim. I got it while in Italy because the American bags look soOoo funky. Still, the carry style isn't all that popular here in the USA, so expect some negative comments. In fact, unless you're old or disabled they tend to yell 'gun'.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I have used a SmartCarry, it goes around the waist but under your clothes. My favorite man purse is a UTG Messenger Bag. Great for field trips with dogs or kids. Has a pocket for your pistol. Holds tons of stuff. I've given up on fanny packs. They don't seem to hold enough unless they are enormous!
    Question Everything!

Hawkepaks.com, Inc. for EMS, PPE supplies

Hawkepaks makes some very nice under the radar stuff. Might try this one.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    I have used a SmartCarry, it goes around the waist but under your clothes.
    +1, this is about as close as I care to get to that type of carry. IMO, it's not much, if any slower of a presentation and there's no indication you're carrying.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

My problem with any over the shoulder bag is we set them down.
    It's too easy to forget and walk away.
    Even cops have left their guns in restrooms, so anything is possible.
    I know at work, I have set my radio down and them freaked when I couldn't find it.

I wouldn't use any over-the-shoulder bag to carry my firearm. I would consider a fanny pack type option over it, though, but only for rare occassions. I use a fanny pack to carry my ham radio and accessories when I help with public service events and am not likely to set a fanny pack down and forget it.

i will stick to my holster which is easily accessible and ill have to find a way to make it happen with all my attire if not ill leave it home if it cannot be concealed enough.....
    - Is there a reason that pocket carry isn't an option?

Thumbs up Gun carry bag

How about the Safepacker from The Wilderness great concealment pack or Mcgills has a fanny pack that sells for about $60.00 called The Merlin & it looks like a winner in concealment, I am thinking of buying one myself.?

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - Is there a reason that pocket carry isn't an option?
    maybe no pockets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links