OWB Kydex paddle holster suggestions for the CW9 please

This is a discussion on OWB Kydex paddle holster suggestions for the CW9 please within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to 2 local gun stores today. One had no holsters for the CW9 at all and the other had what I was looking ...

Thread: OWB Kydex paddle holster suggestions for the CW9 please

OWB Kydex paddle holster suggestions for the CW9 please

I went to 2 local gun stores today. One had no holsters for the CW9 at all and the other had what I was looking for, a Fobus OWB Paddle holster that according to Kahr should fit my CW9. It is made for the P9. But guess what? No dice. The fit was way too tight. I could barely pull the gun out of the holster while holding it in my hand and the shop employee I was talking to couldn't get it out at all. (It wasn't my CW9, they had one on display so we used it)

I really wanted a Fobus paddle holster fro my CW9. This is the gun that is with me most of the time now. It stays locked up in the car safe while I'm at work and I really wanted a simple holster that I could slip on easily when I take my lunch break. I have a Fobus OWB Paddle holster fro all my other carry guns and they work fine for this purpose. But, it looks like I won't be finding the same thing for the CW9.

I have one of Tommy Theis's IWB hybrid holsters that I carry it in now but, to be honest, even though it is a fantastic holster and the single most comfortable holster I have ever owned, it is a little involved to put on. You have to undo your belt and pants to slip it in there and clip onto the belt. I wanted the OWB paddle for simplicities sake. Just slip it on, go to lunch, when I get back, it's easy to slip off and re-stow the gun in the car safe.

So, any suggestions from fellow CW9 owners or anyone else? I have looked a good bit and the offerings for the CW9 in Kydex paddle holsters is pretty slim.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Comp-Tac Paddle Holster with FBI cant worked great for my Kahr. Rides nice and close to the body compared to other paddle holsters. Adjustable retention. Single piece construction and nearly indestructible. One of the best paddle holsters on the market for any model gun IMHO.

GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

+1 on the Comp-Tac paddle. I have one for my CW9 and it also fits my CM9. It also has the FBI cant. Although it carries close for a paddle in the Summer under a T-Shirt it shows enough that I am nervous about printing! I think that is my problem not the holster! I have more confidence in a pancake holster to hide the pistol in light summer wear. Most people never look at a bump or bulge under a T-Shirt so I should get over it. Because as you state it is much easer to take off a paddle if you are required to un-gun.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Let me add that the P9 and CW9 are listed as the same size but I found that the CW9 may actually be 1/10th of an inch longer than a P9. Help me out here Kahr experts! Anyway I bought a Comp-Tac CTAC IWB made for a P9 and while my CW9 did not seat all the way in the holster, the CM9 snapped right in place! The inside bottom of the holster is shaped slightly in forming a lip inside the holster. For my CW9 to fit I had to reshape the bottom of the holster. Check it out.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Links