Trying to find a perfect pocket holster

This is a discussion on Trying to find a perfect pocket holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What it would be: is a kydex leather kombo. Kydex on the "inside" to keep the holster thin, and leather on the outside to make ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to find a perfect pocket holster

What it would be: is a kydex leather kombo. Kydex on the "inside" to keep the holster thin, and leather on the outside to make the whole thing look square rather than like a gun. In essence it would be similar in concept to the Superfly holster but it'd be leather/kydex combo. Does anytone make such a creature?

Not with kydex but a lot are made with leather to look like a wallet.....I have one from Stoner for my LCP.....looks just like a wallet!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

I'm assuming you're talking about their backpocket one?

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Kramer! Horse hide forms the holster body, and a kydex square makes the part that prints against the outside look like a rectangle rather than a weapon.

Yikes... a c note? Pocket Gun Holsters, Pocket Gun Holsters
    I know I'm sounding like a cheap SOB but.... that's a bit hight for something that should be fairly simple....

I have several pocket holsters from Jim at Hidden Holsters - Expertly Crafted Pocket Holsters

I use his "back pocket" holster for my LCPs, though I use them in my front pockets - prints just like a wallet. I asked him to add a thumb push-off, which makes the draw super fast and positive. I highly recommend him!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    I've been carrying this in my right-rear jeans pocket for over two years now. I believe kydex would have cracked, given the abuse it takes:

Pocket Holsters
    Attached Images

Dont know if Garrett Industries or Tucker would make something like this or not....they do OWB and IWB rigs like what you describe.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    No kydex, but if you're looking for a great little pocket holster that won't break the bank check out Remora.
    $25.00 lifetime warranty and the best customer service you'll find anywhere.
    Home of the Original Remora No Clip Holster
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Huzar View Post
    I'm assuming you're talking about their backpocket one?
    Yes but I've carried in front pocket also.....the holster body isn't attached to backing at the top allowing you to get ahold of the pistol......around $45-50 if I remember correctly. It's a great little holster for those times when I can't carry my regular EDCs!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

I tried a few expensive wallet type holsters for my LCP. I just do not like rear pocket carry. I now carry in a Desantis Nemesis holster in the front pocket and I am very happy with it. It practically disappears in my (regular fitting) Wranglers and cargo shorts.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Huzar View Post
    What it would be: is a kydex leather kombo. Kydex on the "inside" to keep the holster thin, and leather on the outside to make the whole thing look square rather than like a gun. In essence it would be similar in concept to the Superfly holster but it'd be leather/kydex combo. Does anytone make such a creature?
    Depends on what you are carrying, and what pocket? I have carried an LCP with a hunter pocket holster in my front pocket. The Hunter holster has a leather flap that is sewn on in a fashion that it prints like a wallet and still allows for quick draw. I now carry a Sig P238 in the same style of holster I just like the Sig better, and I personally can shoot it better than the LCP. The Sig is not as comfortable but I know I can draw and hit what I am aiming at in short order. There are tons of options some you just have to search a little harder for.

I have heard good things about Remora, I just haven't ordered 1 yet. Its on my list.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I carry my LCR in one of these. I Like it. They also make it for SA's. They are a DC forum supporter.

https://www.tuffproducts.com/home.php?cat=268
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

i use a Desantis Nemesis for my LCR

I carry my j frame in a Desantis Nemesis.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links