Versa Carry. - Page 2

Versa Carry.

This is a discussion on Versa Carry. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Erm...no thanks from me. I kind of like the trigger covered even on my heavier trigger pull pistols....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Versa Carry.

cj
    Erm...no thanks from me. I kind of like the trigger covered even on my heavier trigger pull pistols.

I have one on order, and will post a review when I've tried it out.

Without trigger cover this is the kind of idea that we'll read about in the paper. First in the ND type of stories, then in the class action lawsuit type of stories. It will be interesting if the disclaimer about condition one carry will trump their marketing in media that overwhelmingly advocates the same.

If the outside part of the bracket were to be extended up to cover the trigger guard area I'd feel a lot better about carrying it. Still, I'm not a big fan of gun metal or even hard plastic rubbing against my skin.

Seems like the problem here is people cant keep their fingers off the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by hoghunter84 View Post
    Seems like the problem here is people cant keep their fingers off the trigger.
    There's lots of other things that can accidentally engage a trigger.

Personally, I have two young kids, and being kids, they like to climb all over daddy. No way I'm using any "holster" that does not cover the trigger.

Sure, the trigger is covered on the outside by your pants material, and/or your belt - but that is assuming that the whole thing stays put like it is supposed to. Just not a risk I'm willing to take.

And as has been pointed out, seems like it would be uncomfortable too - no padding between the inside of the gun and your skin.

Hey, some folks Mexican carry Kahr handguns...like the guy who blew off one of his "boys." Whatever works for you...
    Last edited by 10thmtn; August 30th, 2011 at 03:34 PM. Reason: spelling
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member
    Hmmm, seems like the OP was sharing something that could work and opined for comments. But cheezy-peezy, he wasn't asking us to singe his eyebrows. The comments are valid but a few of us could throttle back on the "you gotta be a @#$@#$@ to even think about this holster. Just my take.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

If I can't carry with a round in the chamber, it is useless to me.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Sponsor
    I seem to recall a very similar home made rig from a member(I think it was this forum) made from a coat hanger and a piece of rubber tubing. He incorporated a trigger cover made from a card holder and tethered it to the "holster". There is a Kydex trigger cover out there that is marketed for pocket carry or to "safe" your night stand gun that would make this rig safe if it is indeed sturdy enough.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    I seem to recall a very similar home made rig from a member(I think it was this forum) made from a coat hanger and a piece of rubber tubing. He incorporated a trigger cover made from a card holder and tethered it to the "holster". There is a Kydex trigger cover out there that is marketed for pocket carry or to "safe" your night stand gun that would make this rig safe if it is indeed sturdy enough.
    That was LOS. I think he was on version 3.0 the last I remember.
    Courage is endurance for one moment more…

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

Μολών Λαβέ

I suppose you could carry a colt peacemaker or similar with the hammer down in relative safety. Short of that, no thanks. Not to mention nothing is between you and your gun, talk about uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    Hmmm, seems like the OP was sharing something that could work and opined for comments. But cheezy-peezy, he wasn't asking us to singe his eyebrows. The comments are valid but a few of us could throttle back on the "you gotta be a @#$@#$@ to even think about this holster. Just my take.
    Hard to judge "tone" via the written word...but all the comments I see are directed toward the equipment, not the OP.

The issue is that there are people new to concealed carry always reading these forums, and when something like this gets posted, they might think it's a good idea, simply because they don't know the other side of the story. So, when a bunch of members post that maybe it's not such a great idea, at least folks will do some more thinking before trying one.

357and40, ASSA9 and RIRdKng like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    I don't see a problem with it. There are a lot of people on this forum who won't feel comfortable unless they're carrying in a full flap holster. Yes, the trigger isn't covered until you place the holster IWB. Once placed IWB it's held by you're belt and your body. For some that's enough, if it's not enough for you so be it, it doesn't mean it's a bad design. The safety warning is just boilerplate to satisfy attorneys.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    I suppose you could carry a colt peacemaker or similar with the hammer down in relative safety. Short of that, no thanks. Not to mention nothing is between you and your gun, talk about uncomfortable.
    It's really no different than kydex against your skin. Actually for me it would be more comfortable. You just have to make sure you wipe the gun down every night.

I get tired of people casting aspersions on "mexican carry". I've carried a J-Frame, IWB sans holster, along with thousands of other LEO's, for years. When I worked undercover I carried 1911's and da/sa semi autos that way. Good holsters weren't always so plentiful. Now there is such a multitude of available holster designs, most folks have moved away from it. But there's nothing wrong with tucking your j-frame, etc... IWB, for a quick run to the corner store. If your not comfortable, don't do it, but don't condemn it either.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I think this can deffinetly be a useful product. If you just want to go for a walk with the dog or if you are just wearing basketball shorts with no pockets this would allow someone to keep a slim profile especially with a 380 pistol.

Sorry, I'm just not getting the point. HOW is this better than a good, old fashioned IWB leather or Kydex holster that can be put on and taken off just as easily?

Mexican carry and carrying without a round in the chamber are two very bad ideas that can get you seriously injured or killed.
    ASSA9 likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links